NCI CTRP Registration Site User's Guide v3.9.1
You can send this page to a printer or convert it to a PDF, HTML, or Word document. See Printing and Exporting Wiki Pages.
About this Guide
This guide provides an overview of the NCI Clinical Trials Reporting Program Trial Registration Site (CTRP Registration Site) and instructions for using its tools and resources to submit new clinical trials and amend and/or update those currently registered and verified in the CTRP. Additionally it allows registered users to search for and view details of existing registered clinical trials.
This guide is designed for members of the NCI clinical research community, who, in their roles as submitters and/or principal investigators, register details about clinical trials for use by the broader scientific community.
- Getting Started with the CTRP Registration Site introduces you to the CTRP Registration Site and provides instructions for registering for an account and for logging in to the system.
- Searching for Trials, Organizations, and Persons in the CTRP System provides instructions for searching for trials, organizations, and persons currently registered with the CTRP. It also includes instructions for reviewing trial-related documents and downloading Trial Summary Reports (TSRs) and XML documents.
- Registering New Trials describes how to register clinical trials using the CTRP Registration Site. It also provides instructions for registering multiple trials in batches.
- Updating Trials describes how to update complete and abbreviated trials that are currently registered and verified in CTRP.
- Amending Complete Trials describes how to submit amendments to Complete trials currently registered and verified in the CTRP.
- Adding Your Site to Abbreviated Trials provides instructions for adding your organization as a participating site to Industrial ( Abbreviated ) trials.
- Registration Site Administration provides instructions for users with administrative privileges.
- Managing Your Account provides instructions for modifying your CTRP Registration Site account.
- Using CTRP Registration Templates and Resources provides instructions for submitting multiple trials and participating site information for Complete trials.
- Working With Persons and Organizations provides instructions for looking up persons and organizations registered in the CTRP system, and for adding new persons and organizations to it.
- General Tasks and Data Element Formats provides detailed instructions for tasks that are common to many of the procedures for recording trial information in the Clinical Trials Reporting Program (CTRP). It also provides valid formats for entering information such as dates and phone numbers.
- Funding Mechanism Codes provides the values for funding mechanism codes, the NCI codes used to identify areas of extramural research activity applied to various funding mechanisms.
- NIH and NCI Institute Codes provides the values for the NCI codes used to identify the name of the primary organization responsible for funding the trial.
- NCI Division and Program Codes provides the values for the NCI codes used to identify the name of the NCI Division responsible for a grant.
- Trial Processing Statuses provides definitions for each of the statuses that occur during the course of the trial processing work flow.
- Trial Phase Value Definitions provides definitions for each of the trial phases.
- Trial Status Rules for Start and Primary Completion Dates illustrates the inter-dependencies between trial date types, and whether those dates are Actual (current, or past) or Anticipated (future).
- Trial Status Values for the CTRP and ClinicalTrials.gov maps each of the CTRP trial status values to their counterparts in ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Clinical Trial Summary 4 Categories provides definitions of CTRP trial categories.
- Trial Summary Reports and XML Files provides definitions and examples of the system-generated Trial Summary Report and XML files.
When submitting support requests, please include:
- Your contact information, including your telephone number
- The name of the application/tool you are using
- The URL if it is a Web-based application
- A description of the problem and steps to recreate it
- The text of any error messages you have received
Contacting the Clinical Trials Reporting Office
If you have questions or comments regarding this document, or other CTRP topics, contact the Clinical Trials Reporting Office (CTRO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.