NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  

Attendees

NameRole
  
  
  

 

Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13  The server resources have been expanded with an addition vCPU and an additional 2GB memory.  Initial tests have shown better performance but the testing is ongoing.

Progress

Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS

ISSO has approved the waiver for the firewall exception for LexEVS 6.1 on Stage.  Waiting for IRT to implement.

We have the Mayo F2F meetings this week for planning of the next release of LexEVS/CTS2.

Reviewed the CTS2Viewer application (the user-interface component of the VSMC-service).

    • The application uses gradlew to build.
    • Developed an Apache Ant script to build the application.
    • Identified a platform dependent issue. The CTS2Viewer works on Linux without a problem, but it will fail on Windows. Reported the bug to Mayo.
    • The CTS2Viewer application also depends on a cts2search-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT,jar which uses a folder name (aux) that is forbidden in Windows. Informed the issue to Mayo.  

Started to examine bioportal-rdf-service source code downloaded from Github.

LexEVS 6.0 and 5.1Both are on production and working. 
Term Browser Still working on how to proceed with the expedited deployment of the 2.4 release.
Meta Download Validation AppThe latest tag is being reviewed by EVS management. 
Term Suggestion Form

Re-deployment has been completed and now is working correctly in production.

NCIm BrowserDevelopment is almost completed.  Holding off on providing a tag to QA until Term Browser is deployed.

JIRA/Gforge Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
GF#33228Update NCBO REST client code.
  • NCBO will shut-down the existing REST API entirely on 3/14/2014.
  • Started to modify NCBO REST client code to point it to the new Bioportal REST service.
  • Tested the code and observed that the new NCBO REST API failed to reproduce a response to a query for available ontologies. The same URL used in the query works fine on browsers. 
  • Collaborated with the Bioportal technical support team to resolve the issue.
   
   
   

Schedule Changes

 

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation
 Interim 2.4 release for the NCBO widget upgradeTBD There has been a change in the plans for the 2.4 release of the Term Browser due to the need to upgrade the NCBO graph widget which was scheduled to be retired at the end of January.  We have been able to get this extended but need to do a limited release before the fully implemented features of the planned 2.4 release.   

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseProvide required support for deployment to Prod tier.
Term Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests
Term Suggestion Application ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
NCIm Browser 2.3 Release

Provide required support for deployment to Prod tier.

NCIm Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies

Risks

Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 6/19/1311/27/13Term Browser 2.3 and LexEVS 6.1 are in parallel development with the Term Browser having a dependency on LexEVS release.  Both have a hard deployment date of 9/30/2013.  Anticipating some QA resource limitations with both schedules being in parallel.M Jason Monitoring both schedules and will provide status to QA to make sure resources are available.
 01/08/14 VPN access to the NIH network is going to be locked down to just GFE equipment. This could cause some problems with response time to issue after normal working hours.    We will work with the TPM on a mitigation strategy to include possibly getting a GFE laptop.
         

Issues

 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2013Removal of JAVA 1.6 from desktops.  The Term Browser deployments using AntHillPro require JAVA 1.6.  Putting in a request for a waiver until we can upgrade.This would affect the deployments and production environment for the EVS tools.  It sounds like this is going to be a future issue but we should have time to upgrade before it is part of the CBIIT tech stack. Provided a level of effort for migrating all of the EVS applications to Java 1.7 to the Technical Project Manager and government sponsor.
 7/31/2013We currently have an issue where the browsers are ready to move to the QA tier for testing but due to the dependency of LexEVS 6.1 cannot start the QA testing process.  LexEVS 6.1 does not currently have all the pre-QA qualification to proceed with the deployment to the QA tier.With a hard deadline of Sept. 30 for both the browsers and LexEVS API 6.1 there is concern that there will be time to finish all the testing and deployments on time. This is closed.  The hard deadline was expanded due to factors we cannot control.
      

Dependencies

Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
 .
 
   
   
  • No labels