NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  

Attendees

NameRole
  
  
  

 

Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13  The server resources have been expanded with an addition vCPU and an additional 2GB memory.  Initial tests have shown better performance but the testing is ongoing.

Progress

Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS 6.1

Still waiting on production setup for CTS2 and URI Resolver.  Systems team anticipates this being completed by end of the day Wednesday (1/8).

We have received the results of the Nessus scan for the firewall exception on Stage.  There was a couple of high/medium vulnerabilities that were related to the JBoss version and an issue with SSL certificate.  The systems team put in a request for a waiver and the security team submitted the request up.

We need to put a ticket for the URL setup of LexEVS 6.1 on production.  Jason will do this.

The QA team has completed its smoke test of the LexEVS 6.1 API and now waiting for the browser to be deployed to production to finish the testing.
LexEVS 6.0 and 5.1Both are on production and working.
Term Browser 

The 2.3 release is ready for deployment to production with the caveat that the LexEVS 6.1 production URL is setup to ensure there are no issues during the redirect that occurs while doing data updates. 

For the 2.4 release, we have been evaluating the upgrade to JAVA 1.7 task.  This looks like it could be considerable effort.
Meta Download Validation AppWork on the GUI and continuing discussion on how the pages will be updated (Plone vs deployment from SVN)
Term Suggestion FormAppScan has passed.
NCIm Browser 2.3The same status as the Term Browser 2.3 release.  Ready for deployment to production once LexEVS 6.1 production URL is setup.
Report Writer

Provided technical support to the Operations team on trouble-shooting a multiple CDISC Submission Values issue. The issue appears to be data related. The new data have a source prefix that is not recognizable by the report writer application.

JIRA/Gforge Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
GF#29966Handle coding schemes with multiple namespaces.

Explored changes required to change hierarchy and view-in-hierarchy trees for supporting multiple namespaces. 

GF#31670Changing standard width to 960 pixels.

Explored changes required to reset the coordinates of map area.

Tested the window width conversion method on the value set tab.

GF#32871

JAVA 1.7 Upgrade

Started to review the Tomcat Client Deployer (TCD) and available open source tomcat deployer to identify if any component of such software applications can be reused in modifying the existing BDALite for supporting the deployment of EVS focus applications on Tomcat 7.

Schedule Changes

 

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation
GF#32816Migrate to LexEVS API 6.1. 6/28/20131 DeveloperWe are still reviewing the new deployment of LexEVS 6.1 on DEV.  This date is dependent on the value sets issues describe previously.  
 Moving up Development Time7/17/2013 We are pushing to get the coding done for a July 17th review by the EVS users.  This will give the users a chance to provide input on the implementation before we completely freeze the code.   
 Pushing back the start of the user evaluation7/22/2013 Having an issue with the exact match search.  Working with mayo to get it resolved but need it fixed before user can review.  
 Delay starting QA testing for Term Browser and NCIm Browser7/13/2013 We had to delay the start of the QA testing since a fully functioning API has not been established on the QA tier.  
 Delays with the final release candidate of LexEVS 6.1 API on QA9/6/2013 The LexEVS 6.1 release has been extended to mid to late October.  Sense the browsers are dependent on the API we will need to extend the release date to late October/early November.Deployment by 9/30 is at risk 
 Delays with LexEVS 6.1 API due to deployment setup/AppScan11/8/2013 There has been issues with getting all the components of LexEVS 6.1 setup on the DEV tiers.  We have also received vulnerabilities from the AppScan on the QA tier that were not found on the DEV tier.  These vulnerabilities require software patches to both the infrastructure and browser software requiring a new tag.  
 Government Shutdown and Contract delays10/21/2013 The deployment schedule has been delayed by 3 weeks due to the government shutdown and subsequent delays to the contract start up.  

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseProvide required support for deployment to Prod tier.
Term Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests
Term Suggestion Application ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
NCIm Browser 2.3 Release

Provide required support for deployment to Prod tier.

NCIm Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies

Risks

Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 6/19/1311/27/13Term Browser 2.3 and LexEVS 6.1 are in parallel development with the Term Browser having a dependency on LexEVS release.  Both have a hard deployment date of 9/30/2013.  Anticipating some QA resource limitations with both schedules being in parallel.M Jason Monitoring both schedules and will provide status to QA to make sure resources are available.
 01/08/14 VPN access to the NIH network is going to be locked down to just GFE equipment. This could cause some problems with response time to issue after normal working hours.    We will work with the TPM on a mitigation strategy to include possibly getting a GFE laptop.
         

Issues

 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2013Removal of JAVA 1.6 from desktops.  The Term Browser deployments using AntHillPro require JAVA 1.6.  Putting in a request for a waiver until we can upgrade.This would affect the deployments and production environment for the EVS tools.  It sounds like this is going to be a future issue but we should have time to upgrade before it is part of the CBIIT tech stack. Provided a level of effort for migrating all of the EVS applications to Java 1.7 to the Technical Project Manager and government sponsor.
 7/31/2013We currently have an issue where the browsers are ready to move to the QA tier for testing but due to the dependency of LexEVS 6.1 cannot start the QA testing process.  LexEVS 6.1 does not currently have all the pre-QA qualification to proceed with the deployment to the QA tier.With a hard deadline of Sept. 30 for both the browsers and LexEVS API 6.1 there is concern that there will be time to finish all the testing and deployments on time. This is closed.  The hard deadline was expanded due to factors we cannot control.
      

Dependencies

Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
 Term Browser 2.3 release dependent on the LexEVS 6.1 release. See the Issue listed for 7/31/2013 for details on the status.
 
   
   
  • No labels