NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  

Attendees

NameRole
  
  
  

 

Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13  The server resources have been expanded with an addition vCPU and an additional 2GB memory.  Initial tests have shown better performance but the testing is ongoing.

Progress

Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS 6.1Mayo is still working with CM team to get the official release candidate on the DEV tier with all LexEVS components.
LexEVS 6.0 and 5.1

6.0 AppScan passed with no low or medium vulnerabilities.  QA has updated the MedDRA security validator jar and is now starting the Junit run.  5.1 came back with 2 high level vulnerabilities.  One was a DOS and the other a SQL injection.  The systems team is reviewing the DOS issue because the recommended mitigation is to update the JDK which might not be doable.  The DBA team is looking at the SQL injection vulnerability.  We are also looking at the status of caDSR on their upgrade to 6.0.  If that is coming soon, we will likely look at shutting down 5.1.

Term Browser 2.3 Release

Testing is ongoing for the browsers.  The QA team said that the automated test are running much better now that the server resources have been expanded and the JBoss container was restarted. 508 compliance and AppScans still need to be performed on QA tier.  That is supposed to happen this week.

Meta Download Validation AppWaiting for the final decision on whether to use the EVS or CBIIT interface.  A meeting was held and the discussion items are being put together and are supposed to be distributed.  Still waiting for the final decision.  Development is on hold until then.  QA team also said they will be sending out the performance test results to the group.
Term Suggestion FormQA team has the tag to start testing but has not had time to do anything with it yet.
NCIm BrowserThe development team is still waiting for the results of the testing. 

JIRA/Gforge Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
GF#32941NCI Thesaurus Subsets Page: Pediatric Terminology link is incorrect.

Hyperlinked the Pediatric Terminology text and two image icons on the source JSP to: 

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/cancerlibrary/terminologyresources/pediatric

(Note: This site is now fully operational.)

GF#32943Text Change on Side Bar Meta.

This can be accomplished by modifying the NCIm browser metadata by the Operations team.

The item is reassigned to the Operations team.

GF#32933Update the on-line Help page.

Completed.

GF#32954Term Suggestion Link not in Quick Links.

Completed.

Schedule Changes

 

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation
GF#32816Migrate to LexEVS API 6.1. 6/28/20131 DeveloperWe are still reviewing the new deployment of LexEVS 6.1 on DEV.  This date is dependent on the value sets issues describe previously.  
 Moving up Development Time7/17/2013 We are pushing to get the coding done for a July 17th review by the EVS users.  This will give the users a chance to provide input on the implementation before we completely freeze the code.   
 Pushing back the start of the user evaluation7/22/2013 Having an issue with the exact match search.  Working with mayo to get it resolved but need it fixed before user can review.  
 Delay starting QA testing for Term Browser and NCIm Browser7/13/2013 We had to delay the start of the QA testing since a fully functioning API has not been established on the QA tier.  
 Delays with the final release candidate of LexEVS 6.1 API on QA9/6/2013 Still waiting for a successful deployment of the release candidate to QA to finishing the QA testing on the browser.Deployment by 9/30 is at riskWe are currently testing the browsers with a manual deployed release to QA.

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseProvide any updates based on the user review/testing.
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
Term Suggestion Application ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
NCIm BrowserMake any required fixes from QA testing.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies

Risks

Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 6/19/139/30/13Term Browser 2.3 and LexEVS 6.1 are in parallel development with the Term Browser having a dependency on LexEVS release.  Both have a hard deployment date of 9/30/2013.  Anticipating some QA resource limitations with both schedules being in parallel.M Jason Monitoring both schedules and will provide status to QA to make sure resources are available.
         
         

Issues

 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2013Removal of JAVA 1.6 from desktops.  The Term Browser deployments using AntHillPro require JAVA 1.6.  Putting in a request for a waiver until we can upgrade.This would affect the deployments and production environment for the EVS tools.  It sounds like this is going to be a future issue but we should have time to upgrade before it is part of the CBIIT tech stack. Provided a level of effort for migrating all of the EVS applications to Java 1.7 to the Technical Project Manager and government sponsor.
 7/31/2013We currently have an issue where the browsers are ready to move to the QA tier for testing but due to the dependency of LexEVS 6.1 cannot start the QA testing process.  LexEVS 6.1 does not currently have all the pre-QA qualification to proceed with the deployment to the QA tier.With a hard deadline of Sept. 30 for both the browsers and LexEVS API 6.1 there is concern that there will be time to finish all the testing and deployments on time. Received approval to proceed to QA tier with LexEVS 6.1.
      

Dependencies

Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
 Term Browser 2.3 release dependent on the LexEVS 6.1 release. See the Issue listed for 7/31/2013 for details on the status.
 
   
   
  • No labels