NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  




Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13  The server resources have been expanded with an addition vCPU and an additional 2GB memory.  Initial tests have shown better performance but the testing is ongoing.


Area of InterestDetails

IRT rejected the waiver for the firewall exception for LexEVS 6.1 on stage.  They found 2 additional vulnerabilities after they ran a nessus scan.  The systems team is applying patches to OS and JAVA this weekend.  Once that is done we will run another nessus scan and resubmit the firewall exception.

For future releases the systems team recommends running a nessus scan on DEV.

Identified MedDRA native ASCII file loader (in the lgConverter package) as the source of MedDRA property names, T-1, T-2, P-2, and P-2 found in the term browser.

LexEVS 6.0 and 5.1Both are on production and working. 
Term Browser 

Development team met with the QA team yesterday to review the changes made and test cases.  Received approval of the test plan and the QA team should start testing the tag today.

Performed trouble-shooting on a value set search issue. The root cause is that value set definition name and the corresponding resolved value set coding scheme name can be mismatched. Many resolved value set coding scheme names have been truncated, possibly by the loader.

Mayo team is going to do a fix for the loader to stop the truncation.

Meta Download Validation AppThe latest tag is being reviewed by EVS management. 
Term Suggestion Form

Re-deployment has been completed and now is working correctly in production.

NCIm BrowserDevelopment is almost completed.  Holding off on providing a tag to QA until Term Browser is deployed.

JIRA/Gforge Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
GF#33228Update NCBO REST client code.

Observed that ontology namespace cannot be retrieved through either NCBO REST API or SPARQL query.

Manually constructed a string containing the tree-tuples of coding scheme name, namespace, and NCBO ontology acronym and make the data available to the browser through the configuration file. The data is needed in implementing NCBO’s visualization widget in the browser.


Schedule Changes


#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation
 Interim 2.4 release for the NCBO widget upgradeTBD There has been a change in the plans for the 2.4 release of the Term Browser due to the need to upgrade the NCBO graph widget which was scheduled to be retired at the end of January.  We have been able to get this extended but need to do a limited release before the fully implemented features of the planned 2.4 release.   

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseProvide required support for deployment to Prod tier.
Term Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests
Term Suggestion Application ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
NCIm Browser 2.3 Release

Provide required support for deployment to Prod tier.

NCIm Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies


Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 6/19/1311/27/13Term Browser 2.3 and LexEVS 6.1 are in parallel development with the Term Browser having a dependency on LexEVS release.  Both have a hard deployment date of 9/30/2013.  Anticipating some QA resource limitations with both schedules being in parallel.M Jason Monitoring both schedules and will provide status to QA to make sure resources are available.
 01/08/14 VPN access to the NIH network is going to be locked down to just GFE equipment. This could cause some problems with response time to issue after normal working hours.    We will work with the TPM on a mitigation strategy to include possibly getting a GFE laptop.


 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2013Removal of JAVA 1.6 from desktops.  The Term Browser deployments using AntHillPro require JAVA 1.6.  Putting in a request for a waiver until we can upgrade.This would affect the deployments and production environment for the EVS tools.  It sounds like this is going to be a future issue but we should have time to upgrade before it is part of the CBIIT tech stack. Provided a level of effort for migrating all of the EVS applications to Java 1.7 to the Technical Project Manager and government sponsor.
 7/31/2013We currently have an issue where the browsers are ready to move to the QA tier for testing but due to the dependency of LexEVS 6.1 cannot start the QA testing process.  LexEVS 6.1 does not currently have all the pre-QA qualification to proceed with the deployment to the QA tier.With a hard deadline of Sept. 30 for both the browsers and LexEVS API 6.1 there is concern that there will be time to finish all the testing and deployments on time. This is closed.  The hard deadline was expanded due to factors we cannot control.


Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
  • No labels