NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  




Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13 7/16/2014A new development server has been procured and is currently being setup.  This AI will be closed.


Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS 6.3

Reviewing the tasks for the Lucene update.

Report WriterLooking at what is needed to complete the deployment on DEV.  It appears to be completed and just waiting for the database from the old deployment moved to the Shady Grove deployment.

Term Browser 

Spoke with the security group yesterday.  It looks like the one vulnerability that we had on Term Browser is arguably a true positive.  We have a new tag with a fix and have put in for an appscan.

It looks like the additional memory on the term Browser is needed for the scan to complete.  The security group said that they could provide an additional level of logging when running the scan that could provide us more information on what the AppScan application is doing when it is taking down the browser. My understanding is that they are really busy right now so it may not happen right away. 

Developed a selenium code generator to demonstrate the capability to generate tier- independent java source code for supporting the quality assurance of the term browser user interface automatically. Made the code available to the QA team. Also, reviewed the existing frame work and script currently used by the QA team.

Developed a test program for verifying OWL2 requirements based on LexEVSAPI, versio

Updated the value set configuration file, value_set_report_config.txt, produced by the Operations team.

Meta Download Validation App

Term Suggestion Form

Term Suggestion Form 24 release is now live on production.

NCIm Browser

Resolved a commons-lang jar backward compatibility issue -- commons-lang3-3.1.jar is not compatible with commons-lang-2.4.jar.

JIRA Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
NCITERM-641User session is mixed up on Tomcat.

Modified JSP code to pass request parameters to back end servlet through javascript.

Resolved an issue that a search string in the search box on the term browser home page is not preserved.

NCITERM-650Super script tag shows up on the Term Type popup page.Fixed
NCITERM-651Value Sets page caching contains search.

Unable to reproduce.

NCITERM-652When selecting a Concept from any Hierarchy Tree, once the concept come up, clicking on View In Hierarchy does not render the Hierarchy TreeFixed
NCITERM-653Value Sets: When hovering over the Selected Value Sets link, the popup list does not show up.Fixed

Schedule Changes


#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.6 ReleaseContinue review fixes and deployment.
NCIm Browser 2.5 Release

Deployment to the DEV tier.

Report WriterDevelop Project plan for 2.1 release.
Term Browser 2.5 ReleaseDeployment to the Stage tier.
Term Form 2.4 ReleaseDeployment to the DEV tier.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies


Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 04/10/14 Deployments have been taking long periods of time. There is a lot of overhead getting through the itersH H Speaking with members of the QA team to find ways to streamline the testing/deployment processFinding ways to better integrate the development and QA team. Spoke to EVS Tools TPM requesting the correct communication channels.


 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2014Deployment of software, even small upgrades, have been a lengthy process.This especially affects smaller releases in which there are security or bug fixes. The Agile practices migration have been put on hold for now.
 09/10/2014Getting the environment in place for the Mayo trip to NCI.Need to get each of the environment (DEV,QA,Stage) in place before the Mayo trip on September 22nd.  We are currently one week behind.  The impact is that the Mayo developer will be onsite to work on the deployments and the tiers will not be in place. Currently we only have the DEV environment setup for the LexEVS API>


Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
  • No labels