NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  

Attendees

NameRole
  
  
  

 

Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13  The server resources have been expanded with an addition vCPU and an additional 2GB memory.  Initial tests have shown better performance but the testing is ongoing.

Progress

Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS 6.1Mayo is still working with CM team to get the official release candidate on the DEV tier with all LexEVS components.  The LexEVS 6.1 core release candidate tag is now on the QA tier.  We have submitted DRT tickets for the AntHillPro track setup for the URI resolver and the CTS2 components.
LexEVS 6.0 and 5.1

The QA team can now run all of the Junits and they all pass.  For 5.1, the systems team is going to apply a patch for the DOS vulnerability.  We will need to re-run the Junits after the patch is applied.  6.0 should now be ready for deployment to the stage tier. The SQL injection vulnerability was passed as a false positive.  It was a SQL server vulnerability and we use MySQL.

Term Browser 2.3 Release

The Term Browser appscan is in the process of running now.  The NCIm appscan came back with now high or medium vulnerabilities.  The 508 testing came back with Term Browser around 91% and NCIm at 96%.  These number do not reflect the manual checks that are required.  We anticipate once these are included in the testing we will be in the upper 90's.

Meta Download Validation AppWaiting for the final decision on whether to use the EVS or CBIIT interface.  A meeting was held and the discussion items are being put together and are supposed to be distributed.  Still waiting for the final decision.  Development is on hold until then.  QA team also said they will be sending out the performance test results to the group.
Term Suggestion FormQA team has the tag to start testing but has not had time to do anything with it yet.
NCIm BrowserThe development team is still waiting for the results of the testing. 

JIRA/Gforge Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
GF#32965NCI Term, Browser 2.3 Release Notes link on help page leads to Page Not Found.Fixed
GF#32966Unable to Export XML from CART.

Performed trouble shooting on the reported behavior. The root cause was traced back to an API method in the LexEVSValueSetDefinitionServicesImpl class. Informed Mayo of the finding. (See LEXEVS-581 above)

Implemented a work-around using a different method. Successfully tested the work-around on both IE and Firefox browsers.

GF#32967Sources Page: NDF-RT(October2011) showing up on Sources page as null(version October2011)

This is metadata related and will be fixed once the data is updated.

GF#32968

File Not Found Exception for FDA CDRH NCIt Subsets download page.

Fixed by the Operations team.

GF#32969Zebrafish: Hierarchy Popup is missing the release date of Zebrafish.This is metadata related and will be fixed once the data is updated.

Schedule Changes

 

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation
GF#32816Migrate to LexEVS API 6.1. 6/28/20131 DeveloperWe are still reviewing the new deployment of LexEVS 6.1 on DEV.  This date is dependent on the value sets issues describe previously.  
 Moving up Development Time7/17/2013 We are pushing to get the coding done for a July 17th review by the EVS users.  This will give the users a chance to provide input on the implementation before we completely freeze the code.   
 Pushing back the start of the user evaluation7/22/2013 Having an issue with the exact match search.  Working with mayo to get it resolved but need it fixed before user can review.  
 Delay starting QA testing for Term Browser and NCIm Browser7/13/2013 We had to delay the start of the QA testing since a fully functioning API has not been established on the QA tier.  
 Delays with the final release candidate of LexEVS 6.1 API on QA9/6/2013 The LexEVS 6.1 release has been extended to mid to late October.  Sense the browsers are dependent on the API we will need to extend the release date to late October/early November.Deployment by 9/30 is at risk 

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseProvide any updates based on the user review/testing.
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
Term Suggestion Application ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
NCIm BrowserMake any required fixes from QA testing.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies

Risks

Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 6/19/139/30/13Term Browser 2.3 and LexEVS 6.1 are in parallel development with the Term Browser having a dependency on LexEVS release.  Both have a hard deployment date of 9/30/2013.  Anticipating some QA resource limitations with both schedules being in parallel.M Jason Monitoring both schedules and will provide status to QA to make sure resources are available.
         
         

Issues

 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2013Removal of JAVA 1.6 from desktops.  The Term Browser deployments using AntHillPro require JAVA 1.6.  Putting in a request for a waiver until we can upgrade.This would affect the deployments and production environment for the EVS tools.  It sounds like this is going to be a future issue but we should have time to upgrade before it is part of the CBIIT tech stack. Provided a level of effort for migrating all of the EVS applications to Java 1.7 to the Technical Project Manager and government sponsor.
 7/31/2013We currently have an issue where the browsers are ready to move to the QA tier for testing but due to the dependency of LexEVS 6.1 cannot start the QA testing process.  LexEVS 6.1 does not currently have all the pre-QA qualification to proceed with the deployment to the QA tier.With a hard deadline of Sept. 30 for both the browsers and LexEVS API 6.1 there is concern that there will be time to finish all the testing and deployments on time. Received approval to proceed to QA tier with LexEVS 6.1.
      

Dependencies

Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
 Term Browser 2.3 release dependent on the LexEVS 6.1 release. See the Issue listed for 7/31/2013 for details on the status.
 
   
   
  • No labels