NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  

Attendees

NameRole
  
  
  

 

Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13 7/16/2014A new development server has been procured and is currently being setup.  This AI will be closed.

Progress

Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS 6.2

DataQA environment has been setup for LexEVS API 6.2.  Systems team still needs to setup the CTS2 and URI  Resolver containers.  This should be done by tomorrow.

Scott is doing his testing on the Stage installation now.  The AppScan has come back clean for both the API and CTS2.  The URI Resolver AppScan is in queue.  Firewall exception have been entered for each except for URI Resolver.  Jason needs to talk to Larry if we want to make that external.

QA team has completed his testing and is putting the test results document together now.

The plan is still to have the production containers completed by the end of next week.

Report WriterA tag is now available once the DEV environment is set up.
Term Browser 

The firewall exceptions for the EVS ftp site have been completed.  Initially the “Release File” functionality still did not work but that was because there was a missing entry to the catalina.properties file.  This entry was documented in the PTE.  Rob will be sending  an email to Jacob about the entry and Jacob will make sure the PTE is followed from now on.  The configuration was missed because a copy of the 2.5 container was used for 2.6.

The Term Browser container has been created on DataQA.  Term Form and Metathesaurus browser containers should be completed by tomorrow.

The Term Browser, Term Form, and Metathesaurus browser is in queue for AppScan.  Firewall exceptions have been entered for each.

Tin is doing his testing now.

Tested the 11/12/14 release of tree extension.jar and observed that the namespace attribute is not populated for all tree nodes. There was also a compatibility issue resulting in the View-In-Hierarchy tree not been produced correctly in v2.6. Informed Mayo of the observation.

Developed a test program for trouble-shooting the PrintUtility class in the tree extension.

Meta Download Validation App

Term Suggestion Form

AppScan has completed with no high or medium vulnerabilities.  We have received approval to deploy the 2.4 release to stage.

NCIm Browser

We have received approval to deploy the 2.5 release to Stage.

JIRA Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
NCIVSA-11

Update Build Scripts for move to Tomcat.

Developed a build script for moving the application from JBoss to Tomcat.

   

Schedule Changes

 

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation
       

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.6 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests
NCIm Browser 2.5 Release

Deployment to the DEV tier.

Report WriterDevelop Project plan for 2.1 release.
Term Browser 2.5 ReleaseDeployment to the Stage tier.
Term Form 2.4 ReleaseDeployment to the DEV tier.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies

Risks

Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 04/10/14 Deployments have been taking long periods of time. There is a lot of overhead getting through the itersH H Speaking with members of the QA team to find ways to streamline the testing/deployment processFinding ways to better integrate the development and QA team. Spoke to EVS Tools TPM requesting the correct communication channels.
         

Issues

 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2014Deployment of software, even small upgrades, have been a lengthy process.This especially affects smaller releases in which there are security or bug fixes. The Agile practices migration have been put on hold for now.
 09/10/2014Getting the environment in place for the Mayo trip to NCI.Need to get each of the environment (DEV,QA,Stage) in place before the Mayo trip on September 22nd.  We are currently one week behind.  The impact is that the Mayo developer will be onsite to work on the deployments and the tiers will not be in place. Currently we only have the DEV environment setup for the LexEVS API>
      

Dependencies

Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
 .
 
   
   
  • No labels