NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  

Attendees

NameRole
  
  
  

 

Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13  The server resources have been expanded with an addition vCPU and an additional 2GB memory.  Initial tests have shown better performance but the testing is ongoing.

Progress

Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS 6.1

Deployment to Stage was completed yesterday. We are now waiting for the URL to be created by the systems team.  Norval said this should only take a day but he was waiting to get the IP.

Once the URL is in place we will put in a request for an AppScan.  The target for testing to be completed and test plan submitted for peer review is next Wednesday.

CTS2 and URI Resolver – The testing is complete on the QA tier and the test plan is currently in peer review by the Leidos group.

LexEVS 6.0 and 5.1Both are on production and working.
Term Browser 2.3 Release

On stage tier and the AppScan request is in.  We are targeting having all testing and test report submitted for peer review by next Wednesday.

Updated draft scope document for the 2.4 release based on the prioritization provided in the 11/13 EVS meeting.

Meta Download Validation AppWaiting for the final decision on whether to use the EVS or CBIIT interface.  A meeting was held and the discussion items are being put together and are supposed to be distributed.  Still waiting for the final decision.  Development is on hold until then.  QA team also said they will be sending out the performance test results to the group.
Term Suggestion FormQA testing is completed and test plan has been submitted for peer review.
NCIm Browser

Updated draft scope document for the 2.4 release based on the prioritization provided in the 11/13 EVS meeting.

On stage tier and the AppScan request is in.  We are targeting having all testing and test report submitted for peer review by next Wednesday.

JIRA/Gforge Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
GF#33043

 OWL2 annotation features.

Started to explore a possible mechanism for storing qualifier names of presentation type property corresponding to the each column of the synonym table in the metadata;  i.e., name, source, type, and code. The metadata elements can be:

    • property_qualifiers_for_name
    • property_qualifiers_for_source
    • property_qualifiers_for_type
    • property_qualifiers_for_code
GF#33039Keep the on-line Help page up to date.Implemented
 

Started to explore a possible method for implementing a tree that does not depend on CSS. The complexity would lie in the management of tree nodes with a check box as shown in the value set trees.

    • A parent node is checked if and only if all children nodes are checked.
    • A parent node is partially checked if and only if at least one child node is checked and not all children nodes are checked.
    • A parent node is not checked if all children nodes are not checked.
    • The check status of parent nodes and child nodes need to be synchronized according to the above rules dynamically each time a user checks or unchecks a checkbox. In the current implementation, it is managed by the yahoo UI API, which depends heavily on CSS and javascript.
 
31724Display the name of a concept in a resolved value set based on the source of the corresponding value set.

Explored assumptions needed and the code change required for implementing this feature request.

31725Using Short Name as default URL

Assessed the differences between formal name and coding scheme name.

LexEVS

Assessed Google gson API for converting a CTS2 model objects to and from a JSON string.

Performed trouble-shooting and resolved the root cause of the MedDRA user validation failure on the STAGE and PROD tiers. The lexevs.properties configuration file was not set properly.

 

Schedule Changes

 

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation
GF#32816Migrate to LexEVS API 6.1. 6/28/20131 DeveloperWe are still reviewing the new deployment of LexEVS 6.1 on DEV.  This date is dependent on the value sets issues describe previously.  
 Moving up Development Time7/17/2013 We are pushing to get the coding done for a July 17th review by the EVS users.  This will give the users a chance to provide input on the implementation before we completely freeze the code.   
 Pushing back the start of the user evaluation7/22/2013 Having an issue with the exact match search.  Working with mayo to get it resolved but need it fixed before user can review.  
 Delay starting QA testing for Term Browser and NCIm Browser7/13/2013 We had to delay the start of the QA testing since a fully functioning API has not been established on the QA tier.  
 Delays with the final release candidate of LexEVS 6.1 API on QA9/6/2013 The LexEVS 6.1 release has been extended to mid to late October.  Sense the browsers are dependent on the API we will need to extend the release date to late October/early November.Deployment by 9/30 is at risk 
 Delays with LexEVS 6.1 API due to deployment setup/AppScan11/8/2013 There has been issues with getting all the components of LexEVS 6.1 setup on the DEV tiers.  We have also received vulnerabilities from the AppScan on the QA tier that were not found on the DEV tier.  These vulnerabilities require software patches to both the infrastructure and browser software requiring a new tag.  
 Government Shutdown and Contract delays10/21/2013 The deployment schedule has been delayed by 3 weeks due to the government shutdown and subsequent delays to the contract start up.  

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseProvide required support for deployment to Prod tier.
Term Browser 2.4 ReleaseProviding LOE for prioritized trackers.
Term Suggestion Application ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
NCIm Browser 2.3 Release

Provide required support for deployment to Prod tier.

NCIm Browser 2.4 ReleaseProviding LOE for prioritized trackers.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies

Risks

Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 6/19/1311/27/13Term Browser 2.3 and LexEVS 6.1 are in parallel development with the Term Browser having a dependency on LexEVS release.  Both have a hard deployment date of 9/30/2013.  Anticipating some QA resource limitations with both schedules being in parallel.M Jason Monitoring both schedules and will provide status to QA to make sure resources are available.
         
         

Issues

 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2013Removal of JAVA 1.6 from desktops.  The Term Browser deployments using AntHillPro require JAVA 1.6.  Putting in a request for a waiver until we can upgrade.This would affect the deployments and production environment for the EVS tools.  It sounds like this is going to be a future issue but we should have time to upgrade before it is part of the CBIIT tech stack. Provided a level of effort for migrating all of the EVS applications to Java 1.7 to the Technical Project Manager and government sponsor.
 7/31/2013We currently have an issue where the browsers are ready to move to the QA tier for testing but due to the dependency of LexEVS 6.1 cannot start the QA testing process.  LexEVS 6.1 does not currently have all the pre-QA qualification to proceed with the deployment to the QA tier.With a hard deadline of Sept. 30 for both the browsers and LexEVS API 6.1 there is concern that there will be time to finish all the testing and deployments on time. This is closed.  The hard deadline was expanded due to factors we cannot control.
      

Dependencies

Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
 Term Browser 2.3 release dependent on the LexEVS 6.1 release. See the Issue listed for 7/31/2013 for details on the status.
 
   
   
  • No labels