NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  

Attendees

NameRole
  
  
  

 

Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13  The server resources have been expanded with an addition vCPU and an additional 2GB memory.  Initial tests have shown better performance but the testing is ongoing.

Progress

Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS 6.1
The 6.1.1 deployment is now on the stage tier.  Test results have been submitted for approval to deploy to production.

Mayo will be verifying the CTS2 functionality on Prod to ensure it is working before making the announcement.

Submitted a JIRA item:

[LEXEVS-623]  Mapping extension search methods fail on distributed mode.

Report WriterReviewing the open Feature Requests for feasibility and level of effort.  Also looking at effort for updating CSM module.  Looks like this will be on hold for now. We are currently in the process of moving from Gforge to JIRA.
Term Browser 

Reviewed the draft scope document with the Task Review Board.  Current trackers have been approved but some details on implementation are still outstanding.  We are currently in the process of moving from Gforge to JIRA.

Identified non-ASCII characters in the Terminology_Value_Set.owl that prevent two browser value-set home pages from being rendered properly. Successfully tested the fix on a local development environment. The Operations team will fix the PROD tier when the next round of data is updated.

Performed trouble-shooting on the mapping search failure issue on the Data-QA. There is an indication that the mapping search based on the search extension API is not working under the remote setting. (Refer to LEXEVS-623)

Assessed the level of effort for upgrading CSM to version 5.x.

Meta Download Validation AppPut in a request for the production tomcat container.  Also put in a ticket for the appscan.
Term Suggestion Form

Re-deployment has been completed and now is working correctly in production. We are currently in the process of moving from Gforge to JIRA.

NCIm BrowserProvided a release candidate tag to QA.  QA team is currently drafting the test plan.  Test plan should be completed by 4/24. We are currently in the process of moving from Gforge to JIRA.

JIRA/Gforge Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
GF#33278Page rendering breaks with UTF-8 characters that are not in ISO-8859-1.
  • Performed trouble-shooting and observed that the browser throws java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException. Started to explore methodology for resolving the JSP rendering issue.

.

  

 

  

 

Schedule Changes

 

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation
       

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseProvide required support for deployment to Prod tier.
Term Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests
Term Suggestion Application ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
NCIm Browser 2.3 Release

Provide required support for deployment to Prod tier.

NCIm Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies

Risks

Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 04/10/14 Deployments have been taking long periods of time. There is a lot of overhead getting through the itersH H Speaking with members of the QA team to find ways to streamline the testing/deployment processFinding ways to better integrate the development and QA team. Spoke to EVS Tools TPM requesting the correct communication channels.
         

Issues

 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2013The Term Browser deployments using AntHillPro require JAVA 1.6. This would affect the deployments and production environment for the EVS tools.  It sounds like this is going to be a future issue but we should have time to upgrade before it is part of the CBIIT tech stack. Provided a level of effort for migrating all of the EVS applications to Java 1.7 to the Technical Project Manager and government sponsor. Updating to Java 1.7 is scheduled for the 2.5 release of the Term Browser.
 7/31/2013We currently have an issue where the browsers are ready to move to the QA tier for testing but due to the dependency of LexEVS 6.1 cannot start the QA testing process.  LexEVS 6.1 does not currently have all the pre-QA qualification to proceed with the deployment to the QA tier.With a hard deadline of Sept. 30 for both the browsers and LexEVS API 6.1 there is concern that there will be time to finish all the testing and deployments on time. This is closed.  The hard deadline was expanded due to factors we cannot control.
      

Dependencies

Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
 .
 
   
   
  • No labels