NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  




Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
 Mayo/JasonWe have run into multiple issues where the performance on the DEV tier has be a problem due to Mayo not being able to replicate the slow points due to the drastic difference in DEV resources.  We discuss this with the systems team and they requested us to put in a DRT ticket that provides the specs to match the Mayo DEV server.08/30/13  The server resources have been expanded with an addition vCPU and an additional 2GB memory.  Initial tests have shown better performance but the testing is ongoing.


Area of InterestDetails
LexEVS 6.1
The request to move to production for LexEVS 6.1.1 was approved by all parties and was sent to Sichen. The deployment to production is scheduled for 5/1.

The ARC document for LexEVS 6.2 is currently being drafted.  Jason will submit request for ARC meeting once the ARC document is completed.

Report WriterReviewing the open Feature Requests for feasibility and level of effort.  Also looking at effort for updating CSM module.  Looks like this will be on hold for now. We are currently in the process of moving from Gforge to JIRA.
Term Browser 
Met with Tin yesterday about the future EVS schedule and we agreed to meet weekly to discuss scope, test plan, and schedule items.
We are working on the draft of the Term Browser 2.5 release project plan.  Bug fixes and tech stack updates are scheduled first.  The production deployment is scheduled for Feb15 based on the dependency for LexEVS 6.2/6.3 deployment.  We will be meeting with Sara Elkins next week about the BDA Lite with Tomcat so I get a better idea of the scope.  Right now the LOE if relatively high.
Still working on the migration from Gforge to JIRA
Meta Download Validation AppPut in a request for the production tomcat container.  Also put in a ticket for the appscan.
Term Suggestion Form

Re-deployment has been completed and now is working correctly in production. We are currently in the process of moving from Gforge to JIRA.

NCIm BrowserThe Metathesaurus Browser 2.4 release test plan was submitted for approval.
Still working on the migration from Gforge to JIRA.

JIRA/Gforge Issues

Issue NumberDescriptionStatus
GF#33063Tree Hierarchy Redesign

Investigated the performance issue with the term browser initialization and observed that a significant delay is attributed to the component response time of the getCodingSchemesInValueSetDefinition method in the LexEVSValueSetDefinitionServices class. Informed the Mayo team of this observation.


GF#33279Greater than ('>') and less than ('<') signs cause term name to be rendered incorrectly.

All JSPs are corrected with the exception of the visited concept hyperlink that involves an open source javascript called wz_tooltip.js. This javascript does not appear to be able to correctly render concept names containing greater than ('>') and less than ('<') signs on a pop-up window. (Refer to #33280 below).

GF#33280Greater than ('>') and less than ('<') signs cause term name to display incorrectly in the visited concept window.

Implemented a work-around to overcome a character rendering issue found in the open source javascript, wz_tooltip.js.

Schedule Changes


#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
Term Browser 2.3 ReleaseProvide required support for deployment to Prod tier.
Term Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests
Term Suggestion Application ReleaseMake any required fixes from QA testing.
NCIm Browser 2.3 Release

Provide required support for deployment to Prod tier.

NCIm Browser 2.4 ReleaseContinue design activities for new feature requests.

Risks, Issues, Dependencies


Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy
 04/10/14 Deployments have been taking long periods of time. There is a lot of overhead getting through the itersH H Speaking with members of the QA team to find ways to streamline the testing/deployment processFinding ways to better integrate the development and QA team. Spoke to EVS Tools TPM requesting the correct communication channels.


 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus
 7/17/2013The Term Browser deployments using AntHillPro require JAVA 1.6. This would affect the deployments and production environment for the EVS tools.  It sounds like this is going to be a future issue but we should have time to upgrade before it is part of the CBIIT tech stack. Provided a level of effort for migrating all of the EVS applications to Java 1.7 to the Technical Project Manager and government sponsor. Updating to Java 1.7 is scheduled for the 2.5 release of the Term Browser.
 7/31/2013We currently have an issue where the browsers are ready to move to the QA tier for testing but due to the dependency of LexEVS 6.1 cannot start the QA testing process.  LexEVS 6.1 does not currently have all the pre-QA qualification to proceed with the deployment to the QA tier.With a hard deadline of Sept. 30 for both the browsers and LexEVS API 6.1 there is concern that there will be time to finish all the testing and deployments on time. This is closed.  The hard deadline was expanded due to factors we cannot control.


Opened DateDescriptionAssigned
  • No labels