EVS browsers have a Contact Us page for questions, suggestions and bug reports. EVS also welcomes information on how you use EVS tools and resources, and what would make them more useful. A compilation of use information is available at EVS Use and Collaborations.
The NCI Term Browser provides user-friendly access to all biomedical terminologies hosted by EVS including the NCI Metathesaurus (NCIm), which itself offers more than 75 terminologies cross-mapped to capture shared meanings. The NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) Browser, once a separate tool, is now integrated into the NCI Term Browser.
Installation and Downloads
The NCI Term Browser is a public web application. To download and install an instance, refer to NCI Browsers Installation Instructions. There is an NCI Term Browser GitHub Respository See also the NCI Term Suggestion GitHub Repository
Forum and Support
- NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) Browser and Term Browser GForge project archive: Docs archive, Files archive
- Bug Reports and Feature Requests on the NCIt GForge project
- NCI Term Browser Contact Us page
- Application Support email
The following outlines the major features in each release.
June 11, 2012
CTS 2 functionality provided in the LexEVS 6.0 terminology server including Mappings and Value Sets The NCIt Browser offers important new data and functionality, based on the LexEVS 6.0 Terminology Server.
November 9, 2011
Required changes after initial release
October 19, 2010
Replacement for the outdated NCI BioPortal
March 19, 2010
Presentations, Demos and Other Materials
NCI Term Browser 1.2 Demonstration Video (11 MB, 8.5 Minutes)
April 12, 2011
This video gives a high level demonstration of the NCI Term Browser and its user interface.
Documentation and Training
- NCI Term Browser Release Notes
- NCI Term Browser Help page
- NCI Term Browser Sources
- No formal NCI Term Browser training courses exist in the caBIG® Learning Management System (LMS) at this time.