The 6.4 release presents a handful of significant changes to LexEVS. These changes will require the users of LexEVS 6.4.1 and earlier to migrate to a new client jar for the API, and possibly to adjust the way they query our REST services. These changes are:
- A service set wide update to the Java 8 code base from Java 7
- The removal of all legacy caCORE Data Services including QBE, Soap and REST services from the LexEVS Remote API
End User API Migration
- lexevsapi65-beans.jar (replaces lexevsapi64-beans.jar)
- lexevsapi65-framework.jar (replaces lexevsapi64-framework.jar)
You will also need to update your application-config-client.xml file.
Moving your own code base to Java 8 will likely be necessary. Upgrading to Java 8 can be affected by issues with bean construction and collection order. These are not compile time issues and will manifest as run time exceptions. We recommend you prepare accordingly by testing your code base by compiling in and running tests against Java 8.
End User REST / Data Service Migration
- A REST Call to LexEVS like https://lexevsapi6.nci.nih.gov/lexevsapi64/GetXML?query=org.LexGrid.concepts.Entity%5B@_entityCode=C29378%5D
- Will instead look like this: https://lexevscts2.nci.nih.gov/lexevscts2/codesystem/NCI_Thesaurus/entity/C29378?format=xml
- Or even https://lexevscts2.nci.nih.gov/lexevscts2/codesystem/NCI_Thesaurus/entity/C29378?format=json
LexEVS will be maintaining dual servers for a period of time to allow people to migrate from earlier versions to 6.5.0. The date of the sunsetting of older versions has not been set and will depend on user feedback. If you have any concerns, questions or comments please contact us at:
- CentOS 7
- MySQL 5.6