A case is "Canonical-Plus" if it meets the criteria for "Canonical" and includes distribution of analytes from at least one additional sample type. Full characterization of the additional sample is not required. Canonical-plus cases count in overall TCGA project management goals.
- Distribution of "Canonical" case samples for low-pass sequencing or proteomics characterization does not elevate a case to "Canonical-Plus."
- 1 primary untreated tumor sample AND 1 normal sample AND 1 metastatic sample
- 1 primary untreated tumor sample AND 1 germline blood AND additional tumor samples that exceed the % necrosis cutoff used for maximum tolerable necrotic content for mRNA expression characterization.
- 1 primary untreated tumor sample AND 1 germline blood AND additional tumor and/or normal samples derived from formalin-fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue
- 1 primary untreated tumor sample AND 1 germline blood AND 1 untreated solid tissue-derived “normal” (colloquiallyin TCGA, "double-normals").