Vocabularies and Common Data Elements Workspace (VCDE WS) Wiki Home Page
Dear Vocabularies and Common Data Elements Workspace community,
The Vocabularies and Common Data Elements Workspace wound up operations in 2012. New content on this wiki will be 100% community-provided, rather than provided by individuals and groups that are funded by NCI to do so. This wiki is open and free for all to use, so that users may continue to ask, and obtain answers to, pertinent questions relating to these informatics capabilities. Furthermore, please note that the former VCDE Workspace team members are free to continue to post to the wiki as community members; they are simply no longer paid to do so.
In addition to the peer support made possible by the online resources of the VCDE Workspace, triaged direct support remains available, as always, from NCI Application Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and by telephone at 301-451-4384 (toll free: 888-478-4423). Support is available Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. US Eastern Time, excluding government holidays.
NCI’s Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) expects to continue the provision of informatics support through the new National Cancer Informatics Program (NCIP). NCIP is not a renaming of the caBIG® program, but rather an opportunity to reevaluate and reshape how NCI supports the informatics needs of the cancer community. If you would like to voice concerns, questions or suggestions beyond immediate requests for support, please contact Anthony Kerlavage.
How to Find Information
Small groups have created pages for projects. These pages are listed on this page by topic and by type of project. There is also a list of VCDE WS wiki pages organized by label.
VCDE WS Wiki Pages Organized by Main Topic
The following are the subpages of the VCDE Wiki Home Page.
- Archived Mentoring and Silver Level Compatibility Reviews — This page has links to archived wiki pages on mentoring and Silver Level Compatibility Reviews.
- Cross-Cutting Workspaces Training — This page contains links to training that the participants of the Cross-Cutting Workspaces have attended or will attend.
- Data Sharing Pattern Working Group — This is main page for a group writing specifications for "Sharing data by Query by example Pattern"
- ISO 21090 Working Groups — This is the main page for projects that are related to ISO 21090 datatypes that VCDE WS is or has worked on.
- SAIF Working Groups — This page is the main page for XC WS groups that are working on or that have worked on SAIF activities, Pilot Activities, and other related projects.
- VCDE Wiki How To Guide — There are many available resources to aid in learning how to Confluence Wiki. A list follows of some resources to aid in learning how to use the wiki.
- VCDE WS Monthly Meetings — This page has meeting information and links to agendas for upcoming VCDE WS Meetings as well as agendas, meeting notes, and presentations from prior meetings.
- VCDE WS Standards Efforts — This is the VCDE WS's main page for information about Standards and Standard Bodies.
- VCDE WS Wiki Pages Organized by Label — This page contains a list of VCDE WS wiki pages that is organized by labels that users have added to the pages.
- Virtual Journal Club — Journal articles, journals, Websites, blogs, social media, and listservs of interest
- Vocabulary, Terminology or Ontology Working Groups — This is the main page for projects related to vocabularies, terminologies, and/or ontologies that the VCDE WS is or has worked on.
- Wiki Working Group — The Wiki Working Group wrote a paper white that discusses whether technical, small working groups and groups working on vocabulary reviews, CDE reviews, and Compatibility Reviews could benefit from using wikis and if so how, outlines a process for a small group within VCDE WS starting a wiki, contains a limited list of capabilities of Confluence, MediaWiki, and Semantic MediaWiki, and makes recommendations about the use of wikis by the VCDE WS.
VCDE WS Wiki Pages Organized by Type of Project
Archived Silver Level Compatibility
Archived Silver Level Compatibility Review
Standards and Standards Bodies
Semantic Infrastructure Requirements Gathering
ISO 21090 Working Groups
SAIF Working Groups
Vocabulary, Terminology, or Ontology Working Groups
Other Working Groups
All Working Groups
VCDE WS Wiki Pages Organized by Label
- Knowledge Center Wikis|https://cabig.nci.nih.gov/esn/knowledge_centers]
- caGRid Knowledge Center Wiki
- Vocabulary Knowledge Center Wiki
- caBIG Architecture Workspace Wiki Home on the NCI Wiki