caAdapter is an open source tool set that provides model mapping services, and facilitates data mapping and transformation among different kinds of data sources including HL7 v2 messages, HL7 v3 messages, and Regulatory Data Sets. caAdapter has a component-based architecture composed of loosely coupled service modules. Each caAdapter service module can be packed and deployed on the web for online use. caAdapter also provides programming APIs for application integration with other systems such as caBIG® Integration Hub, and web service APIs for service integration over the network. For detailed information, refer to the following sections on the individual modules:
- caAdapter Common Mapping and Transformation Service (CMTS) Version 1.0
- caAdapter Model Mapping Service Version 4.4
- caAdapter Global Model Exchange Version 4.2
Installation and Downloads
- caAdapter CMTS v1.0 Web GUI
- caAdapter CMTS v1.0 Web Service
- caAdapter MMS v4.4 Webstart
- caAdapter GME v4.2 Webstart
Sign up for the caAdapter Users listserv to receive updates about these tools.
Forum and Support
- caAdapter forum in the caCORE Tools forums
- caAdapter Users listserv
- caAdapter GForge project
- Feature requests
- caAdapter Support
- Application Support email (How to submit a request: caAdapter Support)
Presentations, Demos and Other Materials
For demo files refer to the caAdapter Module Downloads.
Documentation and Training
- caAdapter Documentation and Training
- caAdapter Release Notes
- caAdapter Scope and Design Documents
- caAdapter Common Mapping and Transformation Service (CMTS) Requirements and Use Cases
- caAdapter Fundamentals self-paced course
- caCORE Build Process Diagram
- NCI CBIIT ISO 21090 Support in caCORE SDK, caAdapter, and caGrid
- caBIG® Compatability Guidelines
- caCORE Overview
- caCORE Wiki
caAdapter Common Mapping and Transformation Service (CMTS) Version 1.0.1
The CMTS module provides functionality for mapping and transforming from source XML data to target XML data. The mapping functionality creates mapping data, which is composed of links between nodes of source XML schema (XSD) and target XSD and data operation functions. In addition, it converts mapping data to transformation instructions for transformation tools compatible with XSLT or XQuery. The transformation functionality generates target XML data based on the target XSD from the source XML data using the mapping data, XSLT or XQuery.
For details refer to the Release Notes.
caAdapter CMTS v1.0.1 Quick Links
caAdapter Model Mapping Service Version 4.4
caAdapter Model Mapping Service Version 4.4 provides the capability to map an object to a data model in support of the caCORE build process. The tool provides a drag and drop capability to perform the mapping. Subsequently, the tool annotates the XMI file containing the object and data models with the proper mapping tags. The XMI file can be exported from a supported UML modeling tool, Enterprise Architect or ArgoUML.
caAdapter Global Model Exchange Version 4.2
caAdapter Global Model Exchange Version 4.2 assists users in creating and correcting mappings between existing namespace names (XSDs) and UML models represented as XMI files. The tool allows the model owner to define model-specific common values, such as Package Namespace, that will automatically be applied to the model. This makes mapping more efficient and less prone to error.
The tool provides drag and drop capability to perform mapping. Subsequently, the tool annotates the XMI file with the proper namespace tags. The XMI file can be exported from a supported UML modeling tool, Enterprise Architect or ArgoUML.