caDSR Database and Tools | caDSR Object Cart
For Application Developers Only
This page provides information about incorporating caDSR API functionality into applications outside of caDSR. Technical expertise is required.
- Version Number and Release Date: 4.1.8 May 21, 2019
- Primary Audience: Developers
- Installation Level: Advanced; technical team required for installation
- System Requirements: Refer to Legacy caDSR Technology Dependency Matrix.
The caDSR API provides a JAVA API and a REST-like (XML-HTTP) API. A convenient way to become familiar with the caDSR APIs is through the caDSR API. The three packages in the caDSR API include:
- caDSR domain model, the principal caDSR API, is based on the ISO 11179 information model as extended to capture caDSR semantics.
- caDSR UML project model presents a UML Model view of the underlying caDSR metadata. The API objects are mapped to a set of materialized views in the underlying database.
Freestyle Search (or "fuzzy" search) engine performs weighted semantic searches on the content of Administered Items in the caDSR.
Freestyle Search Merged Into caDSR APIs
The Freestyle Search is packaged as an API and also includes a sample UI accessible from a web browser.
To install the API Client, see the Overview chapter of the caDSR API 4.1.x Guide. You can become familiar with the caDSR API changes by reviewing the caDSR APIs 4.1.8 Release Notes.
The following are links to the components described.
FAQs, Forum and Support
If you need assistance, contact the CBIIT Application Support Team:
- Email: NCIAppSupport@nih.gov
- Telephone: 240-276-5541
Presentations, Demos and Other Materials
- Examples for Data Elements
- Test Cases (have demo files)
Documentation and Training
To install the API Client, see the Overview chapter of the caDSR API 4.1.x Guide.
See caDSR Database and Tools for a complete list of caDSR tools.