This tool is retired. The information and links on this page are no longer being updated and are provided for reference purposes only.
The caDSR Bulk Loader uploads metadata from an Excel spreadsheet into the caDSR. The 0.5 Beta release of the Bulk Loader is made in conjunction with the release of a CBIIT MS Excel Addin for use with the Oxford Computing Lab's cgMDR, a locally installed ISO 11179-compatible registry.
The addin is used along with an MS Excel Template to support creating caDSR metadata from user-annotated spreadsheets. The primary use case supported is transforming rows in the spreadsheet that represent Questions on Forms or CDEs, into caDSR Metadata.
The MS Excel Addin can create annotations from existing caDSR metadata, from EVS concepts or from local cgMDR concepts.
Using the caDSR Bulk Loader involves a multi-step process:
- Download and Install the cgMDR along with loading any custom concepts you may want to use. Note there is an extra step to prepare a file with the concepts you want to load.
- Download and Install the CBIIT Excel Addin
- Download the CBIIT MS Excel Template
- Annotate the template with EVS concepts, or annotate with existing caDSR DEC, OC, Property or VD.
- Validate and export the template contents as an XML file and
- Send to NCI Application support for loading using the Bulk Loader to create caDSR metadata
Installation and Downloads
Refer to the preceding Tool Overview section.
Presentations, Demos and Other Materials
Documentation and Training
See caDSR Database and Tools for a complete list of caDSR tools.