caDSR 'caBIG' Context Name Changing to 'NCIP' (National Cancer Informatics Program)
On May 17, 2013, the name of the caDSR “caBIG” Context is being changed to “NCIP” (National Cancer Informatics Program). This is a NAME change only; all existing content associated with “caBIG” will show “NCIP” as the context name instead. These FAQs address the impact of this change. Contact Denise Warzel with any issues not noted here and concerning any issue that will have a negative impact on your organization or use of caDSR.
How will the Context name change impact caDSR curators?
- No changes to curation privileges, caBIG curators will become NCIP curators.
- All CDEs owned or used by caBIG (owned and/or used by) will become owned or used by NCIP content.
- Any content with a “caBIG” context name will be changed to “NCIP”, this includes alternate names, definitions, forms, Value Domains, Conceptual Domains, Object Classes, Property, Representation Terms, Value Meanings, Object Class Relationships, Classifications, etc.
- There will be no changes to caDSR public ids or versions for existing content
How will this impact caDSR API users?
- caDSR API queries that search for results using the Context name string = “caBIG” will need to be changed to query for “NCIP”.
How will this impact CDE Browser users?
- The “Catalogue of Published Forms” currently seen in the caBIG Context node that displays forms across all Contexts will no longer be available.
- All Classifications and CDEs in caBIG context will be under NCIP Context.
How will this impact Form Builder users?
- In the short term, the “Catalogue of Published Forms” currently seen in the caBIG Context will no longer be available, but will be restored with the next release of Form Builder.
- All Classifications and forms in caBIG context will be under NCIP Context.
How will this impact UML Model Browser users?
- All models in caBIG context will now be in NICP context.