caGrid Knowledge Center
Dear caGrid Knowledge Center community,
As of May 11, 2012 the caGrid Knowledge Center, as with all caBIG® Knowledge Centers, will no longer be operated by dedicated Knowledge Center staff. The online resources associated with the Knowledge Center, such as forums and wikis, will remain operational; however, new content on them from this date will be 100% community-provided, rather than provided by individuals and groups that are funded by NCI to do so. The Knowledge Center sites are open and free for all to use, and we encourage your continued active participation, so that users may continue to ask, and obtain answers to, pertinent questions relating to these informatics capabilities. Furthermore, please note that the former Knowledge Center personnel are free to continue to post to the Knowledge Center online resources as community members; they are simply no longer paid to do so.
In addition to the peer support made possible by the online resources of the Knowledge Centers, triaged direct support remains available from NCI Application Support which, as always, can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 301-451-4384 (toll free: 888-478-4423). Support is available Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. US Eastern Time, excluding government holidays.
NCI’s Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT) expects to continue the provision of informatics support currently provided by the Knowledge Centers, in a manner consistent with such feedback as we obtain from the NCAB ad hoc Informatics Oversight Committee, soon after the launch of the new National Cancer Informatics Program (NCIP). NCIP is not a renaming of the caBIG® program, but rather an opportunity to reevaluate and reshape how NCI supports the informatics needs of the cancer community. If you would like to voice concerns, questions or suggestions beyond immediate requests for support, please contact John Speakman (email@example.com).
About the caGrid Knowledge Center
The caGrid Knowledge Center is a comprehensive knowledge resource for groups and communities who are interested in learning about, using, and contributing to caGrid. The caGrid Knowledge Center:
- Provides comprehensive caGrid information resources to meet self-service information needs.
- Provides a platform for knowledge sharing among community members. The Knowledge Center facilitates awareness and re-use of caGrid-based solutions via caGrid Community Projects. The Knowledge Center also provides the Training Grid.
The Knowledge Center web resources, including the wiki, forums, and code repositories, provide the foundation for caGrid community interaction. Major scientific efforts that are interested in leveraging the Grid to facilitate their research are encouraged to collaborate through the Knowledge Center.
Brief descriptions of announcements are as follows. Please be sure to visit the Announcements page for complete details.
- March 19, 2012: The caGrid Training Grid has been upgraded to caGrid 1.5
- February 13, 2012: New Tutorial: Creating Custom Web Pages for caGrid Services
- November 11, 2011: November caGrid User Group Meeting: Creating a Jython-based web application backed by caGrid
- November 9, 2011: JBoss Worm is attacking unpatched JBoss servers
- September 15, 2011: caGrid User Group Meeting - Creating a Scala based Web Application backed by caGrid
- August 18, 2011: caGrid User Group Meeting - WS-Security,WS-Trust and Security Token Service
- July 21, 2001: caGrid User Group Meeting - Creating a JRuby on Rails Web Application backed by caGrid
- May 12, 2011: caGrid 1.4 Released. See new features.
- April 7, 2011: Issue: Data Services and OpenJDK
- August 19, 2010: caGrid 1.4 Deprecation Plan
- July 15, 2010: July caGrid User Group Teleconference
- June 3, 2010: KC Information Resources, An Introduction to caGrid Technologies and Data Sharing
- March 4, 2010: New GAARDS UI 1.3 User Guide Available on cagrid.org
- February 23, 2010: openMDR releases 1.0
- February 11, 2010: New caGrid in Action Article - caB2B In Action
- January 29, 2010: Requesting Community Feedback on caGrid 1.4 Deprecation Plan.
- January 7, 2010: New caGrid Essentials page.
- December 31, 2009: New caGrid in Action Article RODS (Real-time Outbreak and Disease Surveillance Laboratory)
Next caGrid Users Group Monthly Teleconference
Third Thursday of each month. Visit the cagrid.org Users Group page for more information
caGrid Knowledge Center Collaborators
This Knowledge Center is a resource for principal investigators, program managers, project leads, and software developers who are creating a biomedical informatics infrastructure or currently using caGrid.
It is recommended that Principal Investigators and Program Managers review the caGrid Executive Introduction for an initial introduction to caGrid.
caGrid in Action
Read about caGrid in Action, featuring projects that make use of caGrid in scientific research studies.
|The caGrid Knowledge Center provides support for:|
caGrid Tool Access
Download the caGrid 1.4 Installer.
View caGrid Installer Instructions .
You can build the source code to retrieve the latest changes.
- To use the caGrid 1.4 installer, you will need to download Sun Java JDK 6. OpenJDK and IBM JDK are not approved for use with caGrid.
- If you would rather not use the installer, you can manually install caGrid .
- Are you installing caGrid version 1.3 again? Read more .
- caGrid Software Compatibility Table
caGrid KC Supported Software
The caGrid KC provides support for the following caGrid releases:
cancer Bench-to-Beside (caB2B) is an open-source query tool that permits translational research scientists to search and combine data from virtually any caGrid data service.
The caB2B suite is composed of three core components: the Web application, the Client Application and the Administrative Module.
The caB2B Software is supported by Washington University, St. Louis via the caGrid Knowledge Center Forums