caGrid Knowledge Center
About the caGrid Knowledge Center
The caGrid Knowledge Center is a comprehensive knowledge resource for groups and communities who are interested in learning about, using, and contributing to caGrid. The caGrid Knowledge Center:
- Provides comprehensive caGrid information resources to meet self-service information needs.
- Provides a platform for knowledge sharing among community members. The Knowledge Center facilitates awareness and re-use of caGrid-based solutions via caGrid Community Projects. The Knowledge Center also provides the Training Grid.
The Knowledge Center web resources, including the wiki, forums, and code repositories, provide the foundation for caGrid community interaction. Major scientific efforts that are interested in leveraging the Grid to facilitate their research are encouraged to collaborate through the Knowledge Center.
Brief descriptions of announcements are as follows. Please be sure to visit the Announcements page for complete details.
- March 19, 2012: The caGrid Training Grid has been upgraded to caGrid 1.5
- February 13, 2012: New Tutorial: Creating Custom Web Pages for caGrid Services
- November 11, 2011: November caGrid User Group Meeting: Creating a Jython-based web application backed by caGrid
- November 9, 2011: JBoss Worm is attacking unpatched JBoss servers
- September 15, 2011: caGrid User Group Meeting - Creating a Scala based Web Application backed by caGrid
- August 18, 2011: caGrid User Group Meeting - WS-Security,WS-Trust and Security Token Service
- July 21, 2001: caGrid User Group Meeting - Creating a JRuby on Rails Web Application backed by caGrid
- May 12, 2011: caGrid 1.4 Released. See new features.
- April 7, 2011: Issue: Data Services and OpenJDK
- August 19, 2010: caGrid 1.4 Deprecation Plan
- July 15, 2010: July caGrid User Group Teleconference
- June 3, 2010: KC Information Resources, An Introduction to caGrid Technologies and Data Sharing
- March 4, 2010: New GAARDS UI 1.3 User Guide Available on cagrid.org
- February 23, 2010: openMDR releases 1.0
- February 11, 2010: New caGrid in Action Article - caB2B In Action
- January 29, 2010: Requesting Community Feedback on caGrid 1.4 Deprecation Plan.
- January 7, 2010: New caGrid Essentials page.
- December 31, 2009: New caGrid in Action Article RODS (Real-time Outbreak and Disease Surveillance Laboratory)
Next caGrid Users Group Monthly Teleconference
Third Thursday of each month. Visit the cagrid.org Users Group page for more information
caGrid Knowledge Center Collaborators
This Knowledge Center is a resource for principal investigators, program managers, project leads, and software developers who are creating a biomedical informatics infrastructure or currently using caGrid.
It is recommended that Principal Investigators and Program Managers review the caGrid Executive Introduction for an initial introduction to caGrid.
caGrid in Action
Read about caGrid in Action, featuring projects that make use of caGrid in scientific research studies.
caGrid Tool Access
Download the caGrid 1.4 Installer.
View caGrid Installer Instructions .
You can build the source code to retrieve the latest changes.
- To use the caGrid 1.4 installer, you will need to download Sun Java JDK 6. OpenJDK and IBM JDK are not approved for use with caGrid.
- If you would rather not use the installer, you can manually install caGrid .
- Are you installing caGrid version 1.3 again? Read more .
- caGrid Software Compatibility Table
caGrid KC Supported Software
The caGrid KC provides support for the following caGrid releases:
cancer Bench-to-Beside (caB2B) is an open-source query tool that permits translational research scientists to search and combine data from virtually any caGrid data service.
The caB2B suite is composed of three core components: the Web application, the Client Application and the Administrative Module.
The caB2B Software is supported by Washington University, St. Louis via the caGrid Knowledge Center Forums