caTissue Suite is a biorepository tool for biospecimen inventory management, tracking, and annotation. This tool permits users to track the collection, storage, quality assurance, and distribution of biospecimens, as well as data related to the participant and study protocol from which biospecimens are collected. It also allows users to find and request specimens that may be subsequently used for translational research studies.
caTissue Suite may be used by biospecimen resource facilities of varying size and function, regardless of the nature of biospecimen transactions that occur or the type of biospecimens (tissue, biofluids, nucleic acid) involved in the transaction. caTissue Suite also supports integration with associated free-text surgical pathology reports (SPR) and discrete clinical and pathology annotations. The tool provides search functionality for both the biorepository staff and research scientist, who may be interested in searching for and requesting biospecimens for correlative science studies.
caTissue Suite is a web-based application server that enables data entry and search functionality from any networked computer using a standard web browser. User-based sign-on and role-based permission schemes enable controlled access to different data types and functions for administrators, biorepository staff, and research investigators. Customizable user role and privilege structure supports multiple, independent repositories within a single caTissue installation.
- Protocol templates and high-throughput data entry for adding multiple specimen types over multiple collection time points for a single study participant.
- Flexible storage container scheme and caGrid-enabled biospecimen inventory for management functions.
- Tracking of quality assurance, processing, derivation, and distribution data associated with primary biospecimens and refined materials (RNA, DNA, Protein) for molecular analysis.
- Biospecimen and study participant annotation capabilities for:
- Informed consent status, clinical data, such as treatment and follow-up events
- Pathology data, based on CAP organ site checklists
- Textual pathology reports, using caTIES-like functionality.
- Collection protocol templates to expedite data entry for pre-defined specimen processing schemes and multiple study arms and time points.
- Patient study registration with a duplicate patient algorithm.
- Biospecimen handling for specimen accessioning, recording of processing events, and creation and recording of biospecimen derivatives and aliquots.
- Shipping and tracking to record biospecimen shipping and tracking events across repositories in a single caTissue installation.
- Data form display for custom annotations (Dynamic Extensions tool), including a CAP checklist based forms for pathology annotation of major organ systems.
- caTIES-like pathology report text annotation.
- Specimen requisition and request tracking.
- Ability to manage and represent Specimen Processing Procedures (SPPs) associated with individual collection protocols.
- Create and save complex queries which can be run as pre-defined or parameterized searches using an Advanced Query wizard.
- Perform searches based on temporal relationships.
- Query across caGrid-enabled installations of caTissue (if caGrid-enabled).
- Bulk load data from spreadsheets into caTissue Suite.
- Export biospecimen data in MAGE-TAB export.
- Integration with Grid Grouper for caGrid users to establish accounts in caTissue and access data.
- Integration with Global Specimen Identifier (GSID) application via the NCI Enterprise Service (NES) GSID service.
- Integration with the NCI Clinical Trials Report Program (CTRP) services as data sources for person, organization, and studies.
- Integration with the caBIG® Central Clinical Participant Registration (C3PR) application via the NCI Enterprise Service (NES) registration service interface.
Installation and Downloads
- caTissue Suite Copyright and License
- caTissue Suite 2.0 Installable Files
Forum for Questions about caTissue 2.0
The caTissue Suite Discussion Forum can be used to post questions you may have about caTissue.
If you find yourself able to answer questions posted by others on the forum please feel free to post those answers.
The following are the new functions available in the caTissue Suite 2.0 Release and are functional in this build. These functions have been tested successfully by the QA team.
Documentation and Training
- Knowledge Center Presentations
- Video Archive
- Resources for caTissue
- Searching for Biospecimens with caTissue