RIDER Cooperative Agreement Data (U01) 2005-2008
Reference Image Database to Evaluate Therapy Response
- RIDER Database Resource: Plans for a Public-Private Partnership: White Paper
- RIDER Database Resource: Plans for a Public-Private Partnership: Executive Summary
RIDER Contracts for Data Collections 2008-2010
The RIDER database is a targeted data collection for the purpose of generating a broad consensus on how to harmonize data collection and analysis for quantitative imaging methods as applied to measure the response to drug or radiation therapy. The long term goal is to provide a resource to permit harmonized methods for data collection and analysis across different commercial imaging platforms, as required to support multi-site clinical trials, using imaging as a biomarker for therapy response. Thus the database should permit an objective comparison of methods for data collection and analysis as a national and international resource as described in the RIDER white paper (2006):
All the image data is DICOM compliant and the image, annotations and meta data formats meets all the requirements for caBIG and the NBIA. The data collection has two phases as described below.
This data collection was originally supported under supplemental funding for the LIDC U01 project and focused on the collection of longitudinal studies using X-ray CT for monitoring the response to therapy. The data came primarily from MDACC and several of the LIDC academic sites. The data is not annotated. However it contains a sub-set of 30 longitudinal cases that are annotated using the RECIST criteria.
RIDER Contracts: 2007-Beyond
NCI has exercised a series of contracts with specific academic sites for collection of repeat "coffee break" and longitudinal phantom and patient data for a range of imaging modalities (currently CT, PET CT, DCE MRI, DW MRI) and organ sites ( currently lung, breast, and neuro). The goals are as follows:
- Develop a consensus on requirements for quantity assurance methods for longitudinal studies using phantom data as applied to each modality above,
- Develop a consensus on the stability of imaging platforms using repeat and longitudinal phantom measurements,
- Develop a consensus on methods to measure the minimum change that can be measured using repeat and longitudinal patient or volunteer studies
- Provide access to results of measurements performed on these databases by each academic site, performed under the contract where appropriate, to encourage a comparison on methodologies,
- Provide consensus-based juried publications to encourage a broad acceptance of the methods described above. Anticipated publication date July-Aug 2009.
The databases are being provided within an 18 month time frame from the time the contract was initiated and the published results within less than 2 years.
Academic Site Collections
- 32 cases, each with 2 series of Lung CT Repeat Patient data.
- Contact: Fan Liu, Binsheng Zhao
- Status (5-05-09): Brian working with Fan Liu who is submitting with CTP from MSKCC
- DCE MRI for neuro.
- Diffusion weighted imaging DWI MR (neuro).
- Diffusion tensor imaging (neuro).
- 4.14 GB (211mb non-dicom) on CBIIT FTP site as of 1/16/09.
- Status (5-05-09) NCICB will submit to NBIA later in May (on NBIA 2.4)
- Contact: Barboriak
- Coffee Break
- 96 MB on FTP Site as of 1/16/09.
- Number of cases expected = 5 cases, 2 studies each case of breast DCE MR
- Undetermined submission strategy.
- Contact: Peyton Bland and Chuck Meyers
- Status (5-05-09) Brian Hughes is following up for total of 10 cases (approx?)
- Dynamic MRI patient studies.
- 758mb on hand as of 1/16/09.
- Undetermined submission strategy.
- Contact: Ed Jackson