The caBIG® Annotation and Image Markup (AIM) information model can be used to store image annotations and markups using well-defined common data elements and controlled terminologies. The project has software tools to capture and create AIM annotations. The AIM Template Builder (ATB) has been created to assists clinicians, image researchers, or clinical trial study designers to create in creating a set of controlled questions and related answers to each question for a particular type of imaging study, without requiring knowledge of the AIM information model. A study’s image interpreters can make simple and constrained annotations in a structured format based on AIM templates. These templates contain a vast amount for of knowledge and expertise from imaging experts.
Sharing AIM templates requires ATB users to share an AIM template by e-mail, CD/DVD and/or USB drive. These methods may not be convenience exchanging AIM templates.AIM the AIM Template Service (ATS) has been created to store , which stores AIM templates on the Internet. ATS allows AIM users using the ATB and /or ATS web interface interfaces to upload, search, and download shared AIM templates. It also allows templates owners to make a template private or share with a set of AIM templates with other the larger ATS usersuser community.
Features in This Release
Feature in the 2.0 Release
The AIM Template Service 1.1 release was renamed AIM Template Service 2.0.
- Store, search, and retrieve AIM templates that are either version 1, revision 18 and 23 and or version 2, revision 8Support search capability 13
Features in the 1.0 Release
- Supports AIM template version 1, revision 23
- Supports searching on AIM template containers and templates
- Support upload Supports uploading AIM templates with valid user authentication
- Support Supports AIM template download AIM templates
- Public templates for all users
- Private templates for assigned users
- Allow Allows template owners to make a template private or public
- Supports directly exporting a valid AIM template from the AIM Template tab by wrapping an AIM template with AIM template container
- Supports private and public assignment to a template based on user name
- Non-existent URLs no longer redirect to the default search page
- Does not allow guest users to upload AIM templates
If you need help, contact Application Support.
Technical support requests may be sent to AIMTeam@northwestern.edu.
- AIM Template Builder User's Guide (ATB version 1.0)Toolkit Documentation
- AIM on ClearCanvas Workstation User's GuideDocumentation
- AIM Template Builder Documentation
- AIM Template Manager Documentation