- Click the Templates tab.
- In the Templates panel, select the template to which you want to add a calculation.
- In the Template Components panel, right-click the template name and select Create Calculation. You can also find this option in the toolbar ().
The toolbar below the Template Components panel changes to provide options for calculations.
- In the panel on the right, provide the required information, as follows:
- Provide a Label for the calculation.
- Provide Explanatory Text to better describe the label.
- Specify the minimum and maximum number of Answer Choices that the person answering the related question may select in the template.
- Select the button that describes your display preference for the inference in the template.
- Select the button that describes your display preference for Annotator Confidence.
- Specify whether or not a comment is required.
- Specify one or more names in the Default Authors field to show who created the calculation.
- Optionally, provide a Group Label, which can show an affiliation between this calculation and others in the same group.
- If this is the last question in the template, select No More Questions.
- If this is not the last question, select the question that should follow this one from the options in the Next Question to Ask box.
- Click Save.
- Right-click the calculation and select Create Calculation Type. You can also find this option in the toolbar ().
The toolbar below the Template Components panel changes to provide options for calculation types, which are to Add Valid Terms, Create Algorithm Type, and Delete Calculation Type ().