Background investigations are required for all contractor/subcontractor personnel who have:
- Access to sensitive government information
- Access to Federal information systems (including those hosted at contractor facilities)
- Regular or prolonged physical access to Federally-controlled facilities.
The NIH Office of Research Services, Division of Personnel Security and Access Control (ORS/DPSAC) manages the background investigation process. Their website at http://idbadge.nih.gov/background/index.asp provides more information on this subject and discusses the process that is involved. Applicants are required to complete and submit a number of forms electronically through an Office of Personnel Management online system called e-QIP(link is external). In addition, all applicants must also be fingerprinted. The requirements for this process change regularly, so please check the ORS/DPSAC website often.
Additional information about investigations and clearances:
- OPM's Investigations Information(link is external)
- NCI Suitability Investigations Roster Template
- NCI IT Security Separation Checklist
- Non-Disclosure Agreement Form