- Conference Date: May 29,30 2012
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Website (not yet active): Please use the information on this page until the conference site becomes available.
The Open Forum will present standards and practical experiences regarding metadata for semantics management and semantics discovery in the following half-day industry sessions:
- Healthcare – May 29th 1:00 - 5:00 pm
- Geospatial – May 30th 9:00 am - Noon
- Telecommunications – May 30th 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Goal and Motivations
The theme is cooperation and inter-operation of these technologies to support managing the meaning of enterprise information resources and using those semantics to support data sharing and data discovery.
The forum invites participants interested in the management of metadata and data semantics for web services, XML data exchanges, data management, open and linked data and other applications. Special emphasis will be on using emerging technologies together with metadata management technologies already in use.
Please submit 250-300 word abstracts for consideration to OpenForum2012@gmail.com by February 17th 2012. Please specify the track for your submission within the subject line of the email “Healthcare”, “Geospatial” or “Telecom”. Invited talks will be notified by March 2nd 2012.
Potential topics include:
- Practical use of the semantic technologies in metadata management and discovery
- Metadata management techniques
- Data standards/harmonization
- Concept/terminology structures and metadata
The industry sessions will gather standards developers, software developers, and practitioners in these fields to demonstrate accomplishments and to discuss experiences. Organizations are invited to demonstrate the use and inter-operation of most of the various registries and technologies.
The Open Forum is sponsored by ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 32 WG2. The session on healthcare is co-sponsored by TMF - Technology, Methods, and Infrastructure for Networked Medical Research (Berlin, Germany).
Use of semantic metadata management technologies we would like to hear about include:
- OASIS/ebXML Registries
- Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI)
- ISO/IEC 11179 Metadata Registries
- Database Catalogs (e.g., relational DBMS/SQL)
- Linked Data
- RDF Vocabularies
- Software Development Repositories
- Software Component Registries
- Terminology and Ontological Registries and standards
- ISO/IEC 19763-3 Metamodel for Registration of Ontologies and
- Dublin Core Registries
February 17th, 2012
May 29th, 2012
Steering and Program Committees