The CDE Browser can be used to download collections of meta data describing data held in repositories for cancer research and clinical trials. These CDEs can be downloaded in Excel or XML Format. However, it is not always easy to find the desired collection, as CDEs are organized in the Navigation Tree by Context, not topic. Attempting to download all the Released CDEs would result in a file that is too large for an Excel download. The canned collections in the following list are provided for your convenience.
Here are some XSLT files that transform CDEs and Forms in XML format to a file suitable for uploading to REDCap:
- CDE XML Download to REDCap CSV as of 6/26/2012
- Form Cart XML to REDCap CSV
- Adverse Event and Series Adverse Event NCI CRF Standards created on June 29th, 2012
- Concomitant Medication NCI CRF Standards created on June 29th, 2012
- Demography NCI CRF Standards created on June 29th, 2012
- End of Form NCI CRF Standards created on June 29th, 2012
- Medical History NCI CRF Standards created on June 29th, 2012
- Registration NCI CRF Standards created on June 29th, 2012
- Staging/Extent of Disease NCI CRF Standards created on June 29th, 2012
- Study Agent Administration NCI CRF Standards created on June 29th, 2012
- All non-retired production CDEs (CDEs that do not have Workflow status = "RETIRED....") as of June 25, 2012
- All production CDEs with Registration Status = "STANDARD" as of Jan 27, 2012
- TCGA Phase II Data Elements - as of Oct. 19, 2011
- North American Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR) meta data elements (CDEs)
- Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) meta data elements (CDEs) - as of Dec 23, 2010
- BRIDG metadata elements (CDEs) - as of Feb 03, 2011
- National Biomedical Imaging Archive (NBIA)(formerly NCIA)- as of Feb 09, 2011
- Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS2005)- as of April 04, 2012
- eMerge Project - as of April 09, 2012
For other formats and prior versions of the files see the attachments listed at the end of this page.
If importing caDSR content into another ISO/IEC 11179 registry, i.e. local implementation of cgMDR, please add the caDSR Registration Authority Identifier (RAI) 2.16.840.1.1138220.127.116.11 to the metadata to keep the caDSR content distinct from the local repository. Per ISO/IEC 11179, the RAI is part of a globally unique identifier known as the IRID (Item Registry Identifier), and uniquely identifies registry content as being related to particular registrars. The IRID for all caDSR content is the <caDSR OID + Item public Id + item version>. For example, if the caDSR item public id = 2181292, version = 1.1, when importing you would add the RAI, and the result would be an IRID = 2.16.840.1.113818.104.22.168 + 2181292 + 1.1.
Coming soon! A link to cancerGrid UK cgMDR PTCRi (Particle Therapy Cancer Research) instance of cgMDR where you can download metadata elements in caDSR XML format, the native cgMDR format for importing into your own cgMDR instance, as well as an XML Schema annotated with W3C SAWSDL annotation tags.
The following lists the attachments to this page.