The information and links on this page are no longer being updated and are provided for reference purposes only.
Determine your training role before you
register for courses
Using the Semantic Integration Workbench (SIW)
caDSR Users and Metadata Consumers
Description: The Semantic Integration Workbench (SIW) is a software tool that semantically annotates a UML model (via an XMI/UML file). The SIW is used to check for errors in a UML Model, map Enterprise Vocabulary Services (EVS), NCI Thesaurus (NCIt) concepts to classes, attributes and associations, map Common Data Elements (CDEs) or Value Domains to class attributes, and review/approve the final semantic annotation before the model is loaded into the Cancer Data Standards Repository (caDSR).
Course 2040: Using the Semantic Integration Workbench is an intermediate level course designed to teach attendees how to use the Semantic Integration Workbench (SIW) to perform the semantic integration portion of the overall caCORE SDK process.
Credit for this Course: To receive credit for this course you will need to register in the caBIG Learning Management System(LMS) complete course 2040 and obtain a score of 80% or higher on the quiz.
- Use the SIW to:
- Review a UML model to ensure that it can be loaded into the caDSR
- Semantically annotate the components of a UML model
- Review and approve the semantic annotations in a UML model
- Generate and review default GME tagged values
- Understand how the UML Loader:
- Parses the final annotated UML model
- Transforms the UML model into metadata
- Loads the metadata into the caDSR
- 1000 Introduction to Semantic Metadata
- 1010 Introduction to Metadata in the caDSR
- 1020 Using the CDE Browser
- 1025 Using the UML Model Browser
- 1030 Introduction to Enterprise Vocabulary Services (EVS)
- 1045 Introduction to the CDE Curation Tool
- 1070 Creating Metadata from UML Models
- 1140 Introduction to the Semantic Integration Workbench (SIW)
- Metadata Curator - Using UML Models
Reference Documents and Links: