Beta 1 Patch, January 2009
The [BiomedGT Wiki|http://biomedgt.nci.nih.gov/wiki/index.php/Main_Page] enables groups of domain experts to collaboratively develop and maintain terminologies and is used in development of the NCI Thesaurus. The BiomedGT Wiki is a specific instance of [LexWiki:LexWiki] and operates on a Semantic MediaWiki platform.
Installation and Downloads
Forum and Support
Release History for BiomedGT wiki:
- Beta 1 Patch - January 2009
- Beta 1 - December 2008
- Alpha 2 - June 2008
- Alpha 1 - January 2008
The alpha version of the BiomedGT Wiki was moved to an NCI server for the Alpha 2 release in June 2008. Seven development iterations have been completed since then. Much of the work since June, 2008, has been related to supporting the CTCAE 4 update project (Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events). Refer to BiomedGT Beta 1 Patch Release for more information.
- The BiomedGT terminology (since removed from the LexEVS servers) was updated to version 08.11a (November 2008 data) in March 2009.
- NPO (Nanoparticle Ontology) was added to "Terminologies" in March 2009. (Version: December 9, 2008 asserted)
- CTCAE_SOC is locked for editing. Public review was finished April 10, 2009. Edits are being processed. A final CTCAE4 will be published by June 1, 2009. Minor edits will continue to occur until CTCAE4 goes into effect in fall 2009.
- A RadLex 2.1 draft was posted in April 2009. (Comments on usability of the hierarchy structure are welcome.)
The following additional changes have been planned:
- CRCH (a nutrition subset of NCI Thesaurus) has not been actively used and is expected to removed from the BiomedGT wiki in spring 2009. It can be added back if users request it.
- CTCAE Subject Terms, a pre-coordinated version of CTCAE 3, extracted from NCI Thesaurus, will be removed before fall 2009.
Presentations, Demos and Other Materials
- A Terminology Authoring Platform Built on Semantic MediaWiki: Sherri De Coronado, March 11, 2009
- BiomedGT: What, Why, and How Frank Hartel, Russell Hamm and Sherri de Coronado, June 24, 2008
- The BiomedGT Wiki Harold Solbrig and Guoqian Jiang, January 22, 2009
- Semantic MediaWiki in Action: CTCAE Revision Project Traci St. Martin, Ann Sester and Lewis Frey, October 28, 2008
- LexEVS: Semantic Tooling Advancements Kevin Peterson, May 12, 2009
- Toward a Medical Semantic Web Gilberto Fragoso, July 23, 2008
- Listing of LexWiki Presentations
Documentation and Training