- Version Number: 3.1.2
- Release Date: September 26, 2022
- Primary audience: Investigators and researchers interested in information about the characterizations of nanomaterials used in biomedical research.
- The new release 3.1 has been moved to deploy on the Google Cloud App Engine Flex system. For now, use the 3.0 release for local installations.
- Installation Level (for 3.0): Intermediate - technical assistance may be required, download may require supporting infrastructure or software.
- System Requirements (for 3.0): This is a web-based application that can be accessed through an industry standard browser. Installation requires:
- Memory 1GB or more (Linux, Solaris, or Windows)
- Disk storage 36 GB (minimum)
- Database Server: MySQL v 5.5.x
- JBoss Wildfly, 8
- Java 1.8
caNanoLab provides access to information on:
- Nanotechnology protocols in biomedicine
- Composition of nanomaterials
- Functions of nanomaterials (for example, therapeutic, targeting, diagnostic imaging)
- Physico-chemical characterizations including size, molecular weight, shape, physical state, surface chemistry, purity, solubility, and relaxivity
- In Vitro characterizations such as cytotoxicity, blood contact properties, oxidative stress, and immune cell functions
- Publications and reports from nanotechnology studies in biomedicine
caNanoLab was developed as a collaboration between the NCI Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT), the NCI Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory (NCL), and the NCI Office of Cancer Nanotechnology Research (OCNR).
Data curation is a key component for ensuring that data is appropriately annotated to facilitate data sharing in a semantically interoperable fashion. Data curation activities on caNanoLab are currently performed by the NCI Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer Data Coordinators and the NCI data curator. Data curators assist in extracting data from publications and nanotechnology experiments, annotating extracted data, and providing overall data quality control. If you are interested in submitting your data into caNanoLab, contact caNanoLab-Support@ISB-CGC.org.
Detailed data curation steps are explained in the Curation of Biomedical Data into ISA-TAB-Nano and caNanoLab Standard Operating Procedure.
Installation and Downloads
caNanoLab 3.1.2 Artifacts
caNanoLab 3.1.1 Artifacts
caNanoLab 3.1.0 Artifacts
caNanoLab 3.0 Artifacts
caNanoLab 2.4.1 Artifacts
caNanoLab 2.4 Artifacts
caNanoLab 2.3.11 Artifacts
Forum and Support
Presentations, Demos and Other Materials
The caNanoLab Data Submission Video and accompanying transcript is available to assist people in submitting data in caNanoLab.
Note: Materials for previous caNanoLab releases are available from the caNanoLab Presentations, Demos and Other Materials archive.
Documentation and Training
To access online help in the application, click the Help button.
Note: Documents for previous caNanoLab releases are available from the caNanoLab Presentations, Demos and Other Materials Archive and the Docs Archive Page - calab.
Related Tools and Terminology