- Version Number and Release Date: 4.1.8 October 18, 2018
- Primary Audience: Developers; Metadata Curators (Forms); Metadata curators (UML Models); VCDE Mentors; Architecture Mentors; Compatibility Reviewers
The CDE Curation Tool (login required) supports creation and editing of data element concepts, value domains, and data elements and is intended for use by Context Administrators to annotate administered items with controlled terminology concepts and for help in naming and defining content. The tool helps ensure ISO/IEC 11179 compliance and also use of caDSR naming and versioning conventions.
An account is required to create and edit, and you must have curatorial authority for your context. No login is required to query CDEs and their components. The Curation Tool's primary features include:
- Copy from Existing
- Block Edit
- Upload Reference Documents
There are also links to other caDSR tools for convenience.
The Curation Tool enables users to customize which of the metadata attributes for a particular item are displayed. Searching for metadata content is a key requirement in caDSR. The attributes supported for search are as follows:
|Searchable Content||Description of Content|
- Names, definitions, identifier, version, workflow status, enumeration, creator/modifier names and/or dates, permissible values, origin, reference documents, preferred question text, protocol id or case report form name, EVS concept identifier or name, workflow status, registration status, Context, Value Domain and Classification Scheme Item (see below for Value Domain and Classification Scheme Item search attributes)
- Once a CDE is found, its related Data Element Concept or Value Domain may be retrieved
- Names, definitions, identifier, version, enumerated/non-enumerated, permissible value, origin, EVS concept identifier or name, workflow status, Context, Value Meaning, CDE and Classification Scheme Item (see supported search attributes)
- Once a CDE is found, related its Data Element Concept or Value Domain may be retrieved
Data Element Concepts (DEC)
- Name, definitions, EVS identifier or name, workflow status, Context, Object Class, Property, and Classification Scheme Item (see supported search attributes)
- Once a DEC is found, its related CDEs may be retrieved
- Concept name, caDSR identifier or EVS identifier
- Once a Concept is found, its related CDEs, Data Element Concept or Value Domains may be retrieved
Object Class and Property
- Name, caDSR identifier, EVS Concept name or identiifer
- Once an Object Class or Property is found, its related DECs can be retrieved
- Name, caDSR identifier, EVS Concept name or identifier, workflow status, registration status and Context.
- Once a Value Meaning is found, its related CDEs or VDs can be retrieved
The CDE Curation Tool is publicly accessible through an internet browser. For more information, see caDSR Curation Tool 4.1.8 Release Notes.
FAQs, Forum and Support
Documentation and Training
The following documentation is available for the current release:
The following courses are available to learn more about CDE Curator:
Note: For archived CDE Curation Tool materials, see the CDE Browser archive.
See caDSR Database and Tools for a complete list of caDSR tools.
Return to top