When an answer choice must be specific, you can add valid terms to the answer choice so that the template forces the user to specify one of those terms.
- In the Template Components panel, right-click an answer choice and select Add Valid Terms or select
The Lexicon Search page appears. in the toolbar.
- Select a valid term from a lexicon you have created as follows.
- From the list on the far left of the page, select at least one lexicon where you believe the term you are searching for is located. Click and hold the Shift or Ctrl key to select multiple lexicons.
- In the list to the right, enter the term you want to search for. Options include the following:
Click Whole word if you are entering the whole word and want to restrict your search to it.
Enter only part of the term, such as "Tum" for "Tumor".
Do not enter any terms to retrieve all terms in the selected lexicon(s).
- Click . All lexicon entries matching your search criteria appear in the search results.
- Select a term in the search results.
The valid term appears in the Answer Choices list in the right panel, as shown below. Relevant steps in the selection of this valid term are highlighted in red.
Slide panel bordersAdjust your view of the information in multiple panels by clicking and dragging the border between them.
The valid term appears in the Template Components panel under the answer choice you originally selected.
- Repeat this procedure until you have added all of the valid terms for the answer choice. You can also add valid terms to other valid terms.