NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  

WIKI MAINTENANCE NOTICE

Please be advised that NCI Wiki will be will be undergoing maintenance on Monday, June 24th between 1000 ET and 1100 ET.
Wiki will remain available, but users may experience screen refreshes or HTTP 502 errors during the maintenance period. If you encounter these errors, wait 1-2 minutes, then refresh your page.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the CBIIT Atlassian Management Team.

Document Information

Author:  Craig Stancl, Scott Bauer, Cory Endle
Email:  craig.stancl2@nih.gov scott.bauer@nih.govcory.endle@nih.gov
Team:  LexEVS
Contract:  16X237
Client:  NCI CBIIT
National Institutes of Heath
US Department of Health and Human Services

Contents of this Page

The purpose of this document is to document the 2017.12 technical face to face meeting details between NCI and Mayo.

Previous Face-to-Face (November 30 - December 2, 2016)

December Face-to-Face (December 5 - December 7, 2017)

Meeting Details

NCI Shady Grove Campus
9609 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
http://www.cancer.gov/about-nci/visit

Rooms:

Tuesday, December 5

4-W-034            8:00-12:00
5-W-032          12:30-  5:00

Wednesday, December 6

3-W-030            8:00-10:30 (gap 10:30-11:00)
TE-420             11:00-12:30
3-W-030            1:00-  5:00

Thursday, December 7

1-E-030             8:00-11:00 (gap 11:00-12:00)
3-W-030          12:00-  1:00
5-E-030             1:00-  5:00

Conference Details
 

Remote Dial-In (all 3 days): 1-866-660-5416 # 2398515

WebEx:

Tuesday, December 5


Wednesday, December 6


Thursday, December 7

2017.12 Technical Face-To-Face Meeting Notes

2017.12 Technical Face-To-Face Prioritization List

Attendees

Hahn-Dantona, Elizabeth (NIH/NCI) [C] <hahndane@mail.nih.gov>;

Bauer, Scott (NIH/NCI) [C] <scott.bauer@nih.gov>;

Campbell, John (NIH/NIAID) [C] <john.campbell2@nih.gov>;

Carlsen, Brian (NIH/NCI) [C] <brian.carlsen@nih.gov>;

Chang, George (NIH/NCI) [C] <george.chang@nih.gov>;

Creech, Carol (NIH/NCI) [C] <creechc@mail.nih.gov>;

De Coronado, Sherri (NIH/NCI) [E] <decorons@mail.nih.gov>;

Endle, Cory (NIH/NCI) [C] <cory.endle@nih.gov>;

Fragoso, Gilberto (NIH/NCI) [E] <fragosog@mail.nih.gov>;

Garrett, Alpha (NIH/NCI) [C] <garrettal@mail.nih.gov>;

Gumbs Petty, Brenda (NIH/NCI) [C] <brenda.petty@nih.gov>;

Haber, Margaret (NIH/NCI) [E] <mhaber@mail.nih.gov>;

Kisler, Bron (NIH/NCI) [C] <bron.kisler@nih.gov>;

Kuntipuram, Kumar (NIH/NCI) [C] <kumar.kuntipuram@nih.gov>

Li, Jordan (NIH/NCI) [C] <jordan.li@nih.gov>;

Lipow, Stephanie (NIH/NLM) [C] <lipows@mail.nlm.nih.gov>;

Lucas, Jason (NIH/NCI) [C] <jason.lucas@nih.gov>;

Minnery, Cynthia (NIH/NCI) [C] <minneryc@mail.nih.gov>;

Muhlbradt, Erin (NIH/NCI) [C] <muhlbradtee@mail.nih.gov>;

Olson, Nels (NIH/NCI) [C] <olsonne@mail.nih.gov>;

Ong, Kim (NIH/NCI) [C] <kim.ong@nih.gov>;

Quan, Sharon (NIH/NCI)  [C] <quansh@mail.nih.gov>;

Quinn, Theresa (NIH/NCI) [C] <quinnt@mail.nih.gov>;

Remennik, Lyubov (NIH/CC/BTRIS) [E] <lyubov@cc.nih.gov>;

Roth, Laura (NIH/NCI) [C] <laura.roth@nih.gov>;

Safran, Tracy (NIH/NCI) [C] <safrant@mail.nih.gov>;

Sioutos, Nicholas (NIH/NCI) [C] <nsioutos@mail.nih.gov>;

Steen, Abby (NIH/NCI) [C] <abby.steen@nih.gov>;

Thomas, Nicole (NIH/NCI) [C] <thomasni@mail.nih.gov>;

Din, Sana (NIH/NCI) [C] <Sana.din@nih.gov>;

Whiteman, Lori (NIH/NCI) [C] <whitemanl@mail.nih.gov>;

Wong, Joanne (NIH/NCI) [C] <joanne.wong2@nih.gov>;

Wright, Larry (NIH/NCI) [E] <lwright@mail.nih.gov>;

Wynne, Robert (NIH/NCI) [C] <wynner@mail.nih.gov>

References

Agenda

 

  

Tuesday, December 5

  
TimeLocationTopicsParticipantsResources

9:00 AM - 11:00 AM

4-W-034
EVS Status and Future Direction

Discuss EVS current state, trends, and future directions

  • Larry to give brief overview of EVS infrastructure, resources, and services.
  • Review overall technical workflow and architecture.
  • Group discussion of future possible directions and priorities.
Broad cross-EVS participation

EVS Project Architecture

(so far only LexEVS)

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

4-W-034
EVS Technical Infrastructure, Issues, and Options

Flesh out architecture and workflow diagrams, identify key areas of discussion

  • Review overall architecture and expand/update
  • Identify areas where current infrastructure is changing or problematic

Primarily EVS technical team members

(several have conflicting clinical trials meeting)

EVS Project Architecture
Noon - 1:00 PM Lunch  

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

5-W-032
User Group Discussion - caDSR

User Teams to share how they are using EVS and  discuss requirements/priorities for the future.

  • APIs: Java, REST (CTS2 or 3-store), SPARQL, FTP
  • Backwards compatibility of server/client/data releases
  • Incl: Java/jar file issues and future
  • Incl: New terminology server API/content/other needs.
caDSR contact - Denise, Philippa, developersProposed Biomarker Terminology Sets_2017-12-05.pptx

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM

5-W-032
User Group Discussion - FDA and CDISC

User Teams to share how they are using EVS and  discuss requirements/priorities for the future.

  • APIs: Java, REST (CTS2 or 3-store), SPARQL, FTP
  • Backwards compatibility of server/client/data releases
  • Incl: Java/jar file issues and future
  • Incl: New terminology server API/content/other needs.

Editors

Liz, Erin, Brenda

 

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM

 

5-W-032
User Group Discussion - CTRP / CTS-API

User Teams to share how they are using EVS and  discuss requirements/priorities for the future.

  • APIs: Java, REST (CTS2 or 3-store), SPARQL, FTP
  • Backwards compatibility of server/client/data releases
  • Incl: Java/jar file issues and future
  • Incl: New terminology server API/content/other needs.
CTRP / CTS-API - managers,  developers, Tiger team (Gisele, Samantha, David, Brian, Peter, Tracy, Jason, others) 
  

Wednesday, December 6

  
TimeLocationTopics Resources
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM3-W-030
EVS Architecture

Discuss Potential of using a variety of architectures

Proposed topics for discussion:

  • Micro services
    • Considerations:
      • Determine how to synchronize data on the back-end. LexEVS DB and Triple Store need to be in sync when NCIt information (such as value sets) changes. 
      • Determine the potential of a loader that relies on SPARQL queries (after SPARQL query load, kick off LexEVS loader)
  • LexEVS integration with EVS Triple Store
    • Considerations:
      • Determine use of triple store calls in parallel with LexEVS DB
      • Determine performance improvements over LexEVS DB
      • Determine what calls could be made to the triple store instead of LexEVS.
      • Determine use of Stardog built in graph database.
      • Determine performance considerations for hierarchy traversal for graph resolution.
  • Future implementation considerations

Gilberto Fragoso

Kim Ong

Tracy Safran

Rob Wynne

Larry Wright

Margaret Haber

Sherri De Coronado

Bron Kisler

Systems team

John Cambell /Ruth Monterio users of the SQARL

MicroServiceProp.pptx

TripleStore.pptx

10:00 AM - 12:00 PM

10:00-10:30

3-W-030

11:00-12:30

TE-420

(Can't fill gap 10:30-11:00)

EVS Architecture - Technical Discussion with Systems team

Discuss technical aspects of potentially using a variety of architectures

Proposed topics for discussion:

  • Micro services
    • Considerations:
      • Embedded Tomcat implementations
      • Alternative web service platforms
      • Container/Port clashes
  • LexEVS integration with EVS Triple Store
    • Considerations:
      • SPARQL clients
      • Docker options
  • Future implementation considerations
    • Java
    • Python
    • Node.js/javascript
    • Others?

Systems team

 
Noon - 1:00 PM Lunch  

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

3-W-030
EVS Project Group Discussion (During regular call-in time)

Proposed topics for discussion:

  • (High Level Overview) Discuss direct calls to NCIt for value sets
    • Performance
    • Workflow
    • API Implications
  • Discuss Mappings and cross-walking coding schemes

  •   SwissProt, ICD-0-3, and MED-RT as the successor of NDRFT
    • Associations from/to
    • Cross walking coding schemes
    • Loader considerations for Mesh, RxNorm

Kim Ong

Tracy Safran

Rob Wynne

Editor's Representative/Margaret Haber

Larry Wright

Sherri De Coronado

Gilberto Fragoso

Proposed Biomarker Terminology Sets_2017-12-05.pptx
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM3-W-030
NCI Systems Discussions

Proposed topics for discussion:

  • Discuss CI and Docker Status/Roadmap
    • Discuss the current status of the Docker scripts used to build/test LexEVS components.
      • Discuss the current NCI Docker images used in LexEVS tests.
    • Discuss NCI's current status and future plans to use Docker.
  • Discuss Tech Stack Upgrades
    • Discuss DB upgrade: MySQL 5.6 vs. MariaDB
    • Discuss migrating from Anthill Pro to Jenkins

Jacob and Systems team

Gilberto Fragoso

Rob Wynne

Tracy Safran

Kim Ong

Larry Wright

Margaret Haber

Sherri De Coronado

Q/A (Sana)
 

3:00 PM - 4:00 PM

(added meeting)

3-W-030
User Group Discussion - caDSR 

Continued discussion of current API

caDSR - Philippa,

Vikram, Natalia, Rui

EVS REST API

CTS2 REST API

caDSR LexEVS API calls

  

Thursday, December 7

  
TimeLocationTopics Resources
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM

1-E-030


API Services

Proposed topics for discussion:

  • Overview of EVS REST API and future direction
    • Discuss what exists today.
    • Discuss future plans.
  • Overview of LexEVS provided API services and future direction
    • LexEVS API
    • LexEVS Remote API
    • LexEVS REST API (CTS2-based)
  • Discuss a new REST service
    • Discuss user requirements for a new REST API
      • Document the gaps from CTS2 REST API and user requirements.
      • Explore how simple searches and searches with an identifier and how this could replace most of the remote API.
    • Consider a new REST API to supplement CTS2 REST Services
      • Propose examination of current CTS2 REST API
      • Capture what doesn't work for the end users.
      • Review gap between Remote API and REST services.
    • Discuss surfacing terminology history in a REST service (NCIt and ULMS)
      • Determine what history information is required by the user to be returned.
        • Discuss surfacing history of value sets in a REST service
      • Discuss if this fits into LexEVS or is part of a new REST API

Kim Ong

Tracy Safran

Rob Wynne

End users such as CTRP, others

Larry Wright

Margaret Haber

Sherri De Coronado

Gilberto Fragoso

DiffCTS2_LexEVS.pptx
Noon - 1:00 PM3-W-030Lunch  
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM5-E-030
Prioritization and debrief

Determine strategic direction and priorities

Kim Ong

Tracy Safran

Rob Wynne

Larry Wright

Margaret Haber

Sherri De Coronado

Gilberto Fragoso


 

 

 

  • No labels