Below is a list of EVS sites and what analytics is being captured for it.
- SiteStats URL: https://sitestats.nci.nih.gov/
- Google Analytics: https://analytics.google.com/
- Google Analytics: API for reporting: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting
- Current Usage Report Example: Use of LexEVS Java API on EVS Servers
- Simple Filebeats configuration: https://ikeptwalking.com/using-filebeat-to-ingest-apache-logs/
- Elasticsearch Java Client: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/java-rest/7.12/java-rest-overview.html
|EVS Sites||URL||Site Stats||Google Analytics||Comments|
|Report Exporter||https://evsreportexporter.nci.nih.gov/reportexporter/||No||Yes||Using gtag manager|
|EVS REST API||https://api-evsrest.nci.nih.gov/||Yes||No||Not sure if GA is possible|
|NCI Enterprise Vocabulary Services||https://evs.nci.nih.gov/||Yes||No|
|NCI Terminology Resources||https://www.cancer.gov/||?||No||General Domain?|
|CTS2 Online Documentation||http://lexevscts2docs.nci.nih.gov||Yes||No|
- Metrics that are not recorded by GA
IP Address of user Resolved IP
- Domain of user
- User metrics that are in GA
- Country of access
- New or returning users
- Frequency of return
- Browser utilized
- System metrics
- When traffic goes up or down dramatically
- When page loads exceed a set target
- Average page load times
- Is the system up or down
- Discuss Google Tag Manager and how it might be used
- File download statistics
- Unique visitors per month
- Total number of visits per month
- Duration of visits per month
- Number of visits by duration
- Data downloaded per month
- Number of visits by top level domain
- Data volume accessed by domain
- Filtering of lines from logs
- Sumo Logic Specific
- How to determine user domain?
- How to determine user duration on website?
- Will there be a fully functional REST API available
- When will we be able to start work with Sumo Logic
- Can Google Analytics be used on REST Services (with no UI)?
- What tools are available besides GA, AWStats, and DAP?
- Any log readers/APIs that are free to use to read stats (for apache logs)?
- AWS Servers - can we get Apache logs from AWS servers (AWStats)?