NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  


Wright, Larry NIH/NCI  x
Fragoso, Gilberto NIH/NCI    x

De Coronado, Sherri    


Safran, Tracy

Ong, Kim L
Lucas, Jason R
Bauer, Scott  Mayox
Stancl, Craig
Endle,  CoryMayox
Wynne, Robert    NIH/NCIx
Pan, JJ
Tran, Tin    NIH/NCI [C] x
Carlsen, Brian (NIH/NCI) [C] 
Wong, Joanne   

Kuntipuram, Kumar



Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
64ScottTo follow up on URI's on OWL2 with Harold.   on hold

Scott to work with Gilberto to determine what is needed for OWL 2 requirements


on hold

164CoryCory to add implementation to CTS2 implementations page.2014.04.30  on hold
170ScottUpdate the ARC dates to include range of dates for each tier.2014.05.14  on hold
185GilbertoCreate Jira for OWL 2 Annotation issue in the API.2014.05.28  on hold
197ScottDo a gap analysis on what the URI_Resolver logs and what NCI would like to know from these logs2014.6.18  on hold
200Larry/SherryQuery current LexEVS users about use of SOAP, REST or QBE services in the legacy caCORE api's2014.6.18  on hold
207CoryWrite issue against CTS2 OMG regarding the ability to return INACTIVE concepts only.2014.07.30  on hold
209Craig/LarryPlan Techical F2F/AMIA meetings.2014.07.30  


210Larry/GilbertoDetermine if there is a need to meet with the CTRP2014.07.30  on hold
212LarryInclude LexGrid XML Export as part of the 5.1 retirement notice. 2014.07.30  

on hold

224ScottURI Resolver - Provide overview of how to access the URI Resolver2014.09.03  

on hold

225ScottURI Resolver - Look at TLAMP and VSAC service to determine usage of URI Resolver2014.09.03  on hold
235Mayo/NCI TeamIdentify additional value set JIRA items to be included in 6.3 release.2014.10.02  on hold
237ScottFinal code deliverables posted to SFTP site and wiki pages updated.2014.10.02  on hold
238CorySend out PDF and abstract for AMIA poster.2014.11.12  done
239CraigConfirm Kevin and Harold availability for next week.2014.11.12  done
240TinSend performance spreadsheet.2014.11.12  done
241CoryCreate JIRA issue to track issue regarding NLM CTS2 service authentication issue2014.12.03  


242ScottSend email to Kim with NPO information.  2014.12.03  


243ScottSchedule OWL discussion meeting with Gilberto, Tracy.2014.12.03  done
244CraigPlan meeting with Tracy to discuss collaborative LexEVS development process2014.12.03  open
245NCIConfirm that the manifest and Tree Jar that Scott put on sftp will work. 2014.12.10  open
246CoryInvestigate if possible to use Apache as a proxy for NodeJS2014.12.10  



Gilberto to follow up with NCI security team about the use of NodeJS.



248CoryLook at alternative API documentation tools.2014.12.10  


249CoryFollow up with Tracy about the CTS2 landing page (configuration file)2014.12.10  open
250Craig/LarryCancel Dec 24 and Dec 31 meetings.2014.12.10  open


Immediate Priorities and Problems (Mayo Team)

Scott:  OWL2

  • Working with Gilberto, Tracy and Rob.
  • Meeting on Friday - where Scott hopes to wrap up the latest changes.


  • Fix is complete.
  • Junits created.
  • API documentation next.

Craig: Project Plan for 6.3 and 6.4. 

  • Latest plan included some of the 6.3 issues.
  • Will update 6.3 once we've confirmed JIRA items.
  • Kevin and Scott working on Lucene tasks. Once complete will create 6.4 plan.
JIRA items feedback

Tracy has been adding additional JIRA items.

  • CTS2 page - images do not have alt text.
    • This shouldn't be displayed. Cory will verify what configuration file needed to be updated to NOT show this page.
  • Typos on LexEVS landing page. (JIRA 681)
Tree Evaluation – Feedback
  • 2 use cases for crossing namespaces
    • May want to go to different coding system
    • May want to stay in same coding system
      • For example, NPO; stay in the same coding system.
      • Reference is a subclass relationship.
  • Gilberto feels we can manage through the manifest.
  • Scott suggested that changes could be made to the loader - in addition to using the manifest.
  • Agreed, this can be managed through the manifest
  • NCI will confirm that the manifest and tree jar that Scott put on sftp will work.
CTS2 API documentation
  • TLAMP documentation based on tool IO Docs
    • Needs to run on NodeJS (requires a JS server to run)
    • NodeJS cannot run at NCI (not secure) - reasons unknown?
    • Is it possible to use Apache as a proxy for NodeJS? Cory will verify if this is possible.
    • NodeJS wasn't used for URI Resolver (it was rewritten).
    • Gilberto to follow up with NCI security team.
    • Cory to look at additional ways to accomplish this.
Loader documentation
  • Possible topics to consider:
    • How to make a loader in LexEVS
    • Documentation of converter project
    • Documentation on how existing loaders work.
    • Documentation on errors for existing loaders.
      • Reduce need to contact development team.
  • Scott to consider ideas and provide suggestions as to how to 1) update the loaders to provide better errors 2) provide documentation.
Holiday meeting conflicts

Dec 24 - cancel

Dec 31 - cancel

Allow for impromptu meetings as needed.

Provide weekly updates as needed.


JIRA Issues

Recent LexEVS Related Issues (within last week)

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution

Recent CTS2 Service Related Issues (within last week)

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution

6.3 LexEVS Related Issues

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution

6.3 CTS2 Service Related Issues

Key Summary T Created Updated Due Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution

Project Plan Changes

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails

Risks, Issues, Dependencies


Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy


 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus


Opened DateDescriptionAssigned





  • No labels