NIH | National Cancer Institute | NCI Wiki  


Our team has made changes to the base user permissions for Wiki. We expect no impact to users' ability to use Wiki; however, if you find that you no longer can login today where you could previously, please email our team directly and we can assist you. Otherwise, you may ignore this message.


Wright, Larry NIH/NCI  x
Fragoso, Gilberto NIH/NCI    x

De Coronado, Sherri    


Safran, Tracy

Ong, Kim L
Lucas, Jason R
Bauer, Scott  Mayox
Stancl, Craig
Endle,  CoryMayox
Wynne, Robert    NIH/NCIx
Brem, Larry  NIH/NCI [C]   
Pan, JJ
Tran, Tin    NIH/NCI [C] x
Ahmed, Shamim
NIH/NC [C]  
Haber, Margaret (NIH/NCI) 
Roth, Laura (NIH/NLM)  
Ramani, Vivek (NIH/NCI) [C]  
Carlsen, Brian (NIH/NCI) [C] 
Wong, Joanne  x

Kuntipuram, Kumar



Action Items

 #AssignedDescriptionDate IdentifiedDue DateDate CompletedStatus
64ScottTo follow up on URI's on OWL2 with Harold.   on hold
72ScottAdd release date to Release notes when appropriate   done
129ScottFurther testing on Production around the breaking value set   done
130ScottUpdate 227 for flag for exceeding max clause count   open
131ScottCheck the database to make sure the MOA value set entries are there   done
132ScottFix the value set name truncation by the end of the week   done
133ScottTalk to Harold about value set versioning   done
134ScottCreate a JIRA item to track the need to remove Struts   open
135JJFollow up on security scan to find out what kind found the Struts issue   open
136ScottPoint the CTS2 API page to Stage   open
137ScottSet up a time to meet about Value Set Versions   open


Immediate Priorities and Problems (Mayo Team)

Value Set Module - still making progress.  Coordinating with Kevin on queries across services. 

CTS2 Client UI - Demo at meetings end.

Project Plan Updates -

Tech Stack Notes (Project Plan Related)

Gilberto suggested skipping Java 1.7 and going to 1.8.

  • Need to make sure J.J (systems group) has Java 1.8 available when we go to production
  • Wouldn't be available on Dev machines - would need to develop locally
  • (Larry) VS enhancements were high on NCI's priority list - big concern
  • Larry to look at securing some commitment for next fiscal year to continue development.
    • OWL 2 work (Gilberto) asking where it is
    • Loader issues are set for after dev work done and ready to deploy to tiers
    • 586, 583, and 614?  
  • Need to estimate these Loader issues and see if it fits in the plan (add to JIRA items list in the plan)
    • JJ concerned about Jboss to Tomcat migration.
    • JJ to verify using Java 1.8 in the future.
Struts Security Update (Jason)

Vulnerability in current struts version - but we don't use that feature.

    • Used for Grid and distributed services (to display a web page)
    • There was a request that that page not be visible outside the firewall (Tracy)
    • Currently at 2.3.15 and upgrade to - This should only be a patch upgrade.
    • Scott suggested that we should just remove the Struts dependency.
    • The vulnerability was focused on an upload functionality.
    • Tracy - suggested we leave what is out there (it's already protected), otherwise just drop in the updated Struts jar
    • Some Security scan found this (none sure what type of scan) - JJ
    • JJ to determine what type of scan uncovered this issue.
  • No additional comments on F2F notes.
    • Larry wasn't sure what belongs in the ARC meeting notes.  
  • We can follow up (Hardware,performance, App versions…)
Face To Face Followup

Notes review.  No comments or additions. 

Review what is needed in the ARC meeting - what belongs in that part of notes - Hardware, performance requests.    Team to review. 

6.1 Deployment

Production server needs to be updated and then another scan. 

Can point the CTS2 API page. (Scott)

Resolved Value Sets from different Coding Scheme versions (Kim)

Need to consider what options are available to provide versions. 

Using coding scheme version to manage (but if several coding schemes, may not get what we need).

Can set up a dedicated time to discuss.   (Kim, Scott, Gilberto(optional))

JIRA or GitHub for forum (Jason)

Gilberto to show the HubZero forum

GitHub - Seems like a better choice

  • Tied to project and persisted.
  • Could have for multiple projects
  • Better for external projects.
  • lexevs/lexevs repository would be the master.

Forum would be on lexevs/lexevs

  • Julie asked why we are using GitHub instead of NCIP Hub.
Retiring Grid Services

Discussed during Tech meeting on Wed morning.  

Decided wasn't used in the past/recently, and could be retired.  

Tracy looked at usage - decided it was declining. 

(Larry) Thought usage was declining when looking at the IP list
As part of 6.1 announcement would not contain Grid services and 6.0 Grid service would retire in 6 months.

caDSR and Value Sets

Are there rest services that caDSR should be using?    Will they use the same URIs that are provided on browser?  Currently using the URI that defines the value set.  

Value Set UI DemoRequest Ability to search across all services.  (feature request for production service) - Out of scope for demo.  




JIRA Issues

LEXEVS-570 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-572 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-573 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-574 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-576 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-579 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-583 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-584 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-585 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-586 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-587 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-588 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-589 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-592 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-593 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-594 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-595 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-596 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-597 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-598 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-599 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-600 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-601 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-602 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-603 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-604 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-605 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-606 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-607 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-608 - Getting issue details... STATUS
LEXEVS-609 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Project Plan Changes

#DescriptionDue DateResourcesNotesRisksMitigation

 Planned Activities

Area of InterestDetails
VSMC definitionNeed a dialog defining module use around ResolvedValueSets
Update LexEVS CTS2 Service to CTS2 1.1Need deployment tests
Work on a variety of EVS JIRA PrioritiesScripting, convenience methods, tree extension namespace issues

Risks, Issues, Dependencies


Opened DateDue DateDescriptionLikelihood (H, M, L)ImpactAssignedStatusMitigation Strategy


 #Opened DateDescriptionImpactAssignedStatus


Opened DateDescriptionAssigned





  • No labels