Background investigations are required for all contractor/subcontractor personnel who have:
- Access to sensitive government information
- Access to Federal information systems (including those hosted at contractor facilities)
- Regular or prolonged physical access to Federally-controlled facilities.
The NIH Office of Research Services, Division of Personnel Security and Access Control (ORS/DPSAC) manages the background investigation process. Their website at http://idbadge.nih.gov/background/index.asp provides more information on this subject and discusses the process that is involved. Applicants are required to complete and submit a number of forms electronically through an Office of Personnel Management online system called e-QIP(link is external). In addition, all applicants must also be fingerprinted. The requirements for this process change regularly, so please check the ORS/DPSAC website often.
Additional information about investigations and clearances:
- OPM's Investigations Information(link is external)
- NCI Suitability Investigations Roster Template
- NCI IT Security Separation Checklist
- Non-Disclosure Agreement Form (note, this version of the form should only be used by contractor staff who will not be registered in NIH's Employee Directory (NED). The completed form shall be provided to your respective Project Officer.)