To insert an image using the Confluence editor:
- In the page you want to change, click Edit.
At the place on the page where you want the image to appear, press <Ctrl+M>. The Insert files and images dialog box appears.
- Select the image to insert. There is an upload files function so that you can attach images to the current page. There is also a search function to find images on other Confluence pages.
- Click Insert. The image appears on the page, with a row of buttons (the image properties panel).
- Complete the image properties.
- Add alt text for the image as described in Adding Alt Text to an Image. This is required for Section 508 compliance.
- Consider resizing the image, as described in Changing the Display Size of an Image.
- Consider adding a link to the image, as described in Linking from an Image to Another Page.
- Consider adding a border: Select the image and click Border.
- Consider adding effects: Select the image and click Properties. Select Effects. Select one of the effects and click Save.
We attached an example image to this page and inserted it below, as explained in the preceding steps.
Also refer to the following Atlassian help page: