This guide describes environment configuration principles and practices from the perspective of an existing LexEVS installation. The information applies to LexEVS v.6.x.
Levels of Administrative Options
LexEVS provides three levels of administration options for the user:
- The LexEVS GUI: a user interface that performs most administrative functions with many of the conveniences associated with GUI level administration such as automated directory browsing for load sources.
- LexEVS Administration Scripts: a collection of shell scripts that allow users to do command line load and administration of vocabularies.
- LexEVS Manager API Interfaces: an api to provide the user options for end user interface development of management and administration capabilities.
Advanced Administration Topics
LexEVS has advanced administration options for vocabulary administration:
- Applying a Manifest: Manifests are schema compliant XML documents loaded at load time or post load to revise vocabulary metadata.
- Load Time Preferences: Preferences for loading elements of sources such as OWL can be done at load time.
- Applying Revisions to a Coding Scheme: Coding Schemes can be extensively revised by loading a revision object in LexGrid XML format
- Post Processing Options: Post load processing algorithms allow users to access and apply information about the source to coding scheme meta-data that may only be available post load.
- Coding Scheme Supplements: Supplements to a given coding scheme can be loaded as full coding schemes.
- Authoring Coding Schemes and their child elements: A complete authoring API is featured in the CTS2 interface.
LexEVS 6.x Administration Guide Sections
The following is a listing of the sections of the LexEVS Administration Guide.
- Administering LexEVS with the LexEVS GUI
This section describes administration using the GUI tool.
- Administering LexEVS 6.x with the Command Line
This section describes administration using the command line.
- LexEVS Management and Administration API
This section describes management and administration API.
- Advanced Vocabulary Administration Issues
This section describes advanced vocabulary administration issues.
Basic LexEVS installation and configuration administration are handled in the
LexEVS Installation Guide