Uploading Trial-Related Documents
When registering Complete trials, you must upload the following types of documents:
- Complete clean Protocol document
- IRB Approval
- List of Participating Sites (if not included in the protocol document). Multi-site trials require a list of participating sites and contact information.
Informed Consent (if not included in the protocol document)
Currently you are required to supply your documents as Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, or .docm), Adobe PDF, Microsoft Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm, or .xlsb), and/or WordPerfect files.
How to Submit Trial Related Documents
- Next to the document-type field, (e.g., Protocol Document), click Browse.
Navigate to, and select, the appropriate document, and then click Open.
Repeat the steps above for each type of document.
Converting Documents to PDFs
Microsoft provides instructions for converting files to PDFs both on their website and in the Help documentation in each of its applications.
You don’t need a document converter in Mac OSX. Instead, print your documents to a PDF file.
How to Convert Text-Based Files to PDFs in Mac OSX
- Open your text file in its original format (.doc, .xls, etc.)
- Click File > Print.
- In the Print window, click the PDF button at the bottom-left and select the Save as PDF option.
- Choose the location, rename your PDF file, and then click Save.