Contents of this Page
Known Issues and workarounds
- LexWiki Publisher 2.0 does not post generated pages directly to the wiki. An extension to LexWiki Publisher can easily be added to enable that. You will need a third party tool like Media Bot or similar to make the process easier.
- LexWiki Publisher 2.0 does not define wiki property and association pages for their types.
Prerequisites and Specifications
Installation Level: Intermediate to Advanced.
- The LexWiki Installation Guide is intended for system administrators. This will give you an overview of how to install and configure LexWiki Publisher 2.0. If you are not an administrator, we recommend that you work with the system administrator of your organization to install and configure LexWiki Publisher 2.0.
- Operating System: Windows, Linux or Mac OSX.
- Java 1.6 (or later) is installed. Java Download
- LexWiki 2.0 (or later) installed.
In order to deploy generated content to LexWiki you must make sure that you have:
- Sufficient privileges - read, write, and execute - rwx, to the location on the file system that will be served by the web server.
- PHP 5 or above is installed. PHP download
- The web server is started and running.
- For Linux users, the installer requires that the user has one of the following system privileges:
- Root / superuser account
- Apache account or the user account on which the web server is running
- A user account which belongs to the same group as the Apache account
- Download the latest LexWiki Publisher from its download location.
- Download the zip (or tar) file for LexWiki Publisher and extract the files in a directory of your choice. You will see the "LexWikiPublisher_2_0.jar" file and supporting JAR files. You will also see sample configuration files and a Windows batch file as an example for how to run the publisher on the Windows platform. Similar scripts can be created for other operating systems using the Windows one as an example.
Publishing to the Wiki
- Open a command prompt to the maintenance directory of your LexWiki installation.
- Run the publish.php. publish.php takes a parameter which is the directory location of the text files generated from LexWikiPublisher 2.0 execution.
php publish.php /home/myhomedir/tobepublishedpages