Question: How do we install caArray on multiple servers?
Topic: caArray Installation
Release: Up to caArray 2.x
Date entered: 09/22/2009
Details about the Question
Is it possible to install caArray with the grid service on a separate host?
The caGrid team and the caArray team ran through the command line installation on Linux and prepared the following document with detailed steps:
caArray Installation on Two Servers
Special Notes about this document:
- The caArray installer will not run if you are connected as the root user, but that's not documented.
- caArray install requires a caArray database to be created before the installer executes. The document has provided instructions for those new to mySQL.
- Code is provided for creating Ant targets for installing caArray components separately.
- A hardcoded "localhost" value in caarray/bda-utils/resource/template-binding.xml was causing problems. Instructions are provided to fix this issue.
- Information about server ports is provided to allow firewall configuration.
- Instructions are provided for testing the configuration using sample data.
Have a comment?
Please leave your comment in the caArray End User Forum.