The National Biomedical Imaging Archive (NBIA) User's Guide is the companion documentation to the NBIA software application. It explains how to use NBIA to access imaging archives.
This chapter introduces you to the guide. It includes the following topics.
The intended audience for this guide is anyone in the cancer research and medical community, industry, and academia that wants to use NBIA to obtain Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) and related metadata for use in their research.
The NBIA User's Guide discusses the following topics included as chapters:
- Getting Started in NBIA provides an introduction to NBIA and describes how to access NBIA.
- describes how to search the local and any selected remote image databases.
- Working with Images in NBIA describes how to review results from NBIA database searches.
- describes how to submit images to NBIA.
- Configuring Security for Submitted Data describes how to set security for image data you submit to NBIA.
- NBIA Administrator's Guide discusses administrative functions in NBIA.