Release 2.0 focuses on usability enhancements and technology stack changes. The usability features include: support for a publication based query to support query by DOI or PubMed; a sample information page; the ability to perform a publication sample search; the MyWorkspace feature; a sample search results user interface; and enhancements to the home page, back button, banner, color, and workflow.
New Features and Updates
- CANANOLAB-92 - Modify the caNanoLab Home Page Content Including Links
- CANANOLAB-94 - Provide support for a publication based query that supports query by DOI or PubMed
- CANANOLAB-95 - Implement a Sample Information Page that displays all of the samples associated with a publication
- CANANOLAB-96 - Add the ability to perform a Publication Sample search within caNanoLab to retreive the Sample Information page
- CANANOLAB-97 - Implement enhancements to the Login feature
- CANANOLAB-98 - Make home page link more prominent (after caNanoLab login)
- CANANOLAB-99 - Make the caNanoLab back button more prominent
- CANANOLAB-100 - Modify the workflow diagram to highlight data submission
- CANANOLAB-101 - Implement a myWorkspace feature
- CANANOLAB-103 - Modify the text and formatting on the Login Splash screen
- CANANOLAB-104 - Change the color on the navigation bar
- CANANOLAB-105 - Change the color on the pages displaying sample data
- CANANOLAB-106 - Provide data availability matrix instructions
- CANANOLAB-108 - Provide popup instructions higlighting the data submission points
- CANANOLAB-134 - Create Sample Search Results UI
- CANANOLAB-152 - Provide a banner image URL that displays the caNanoLab logo if the DOI is available in caNanoLab and a blank image if the DOI is not available in caNanoLab
Bugs Fixed Since Last Release
- CANANOLAB-75 - Broken link NCL CSN Home in left side menu
Known Issues and Workarounds
- CANANOLAB-61 - Multiple points of contacts issue.
- Workaround: When submitting a different address for the same organization, users should change the name of the organization (e.g. include division or department name in the organization name).
- CANANOLAB-71- New option “Sample Name/contains” is not working correctly for some queries.
- Workaround: User can use “Sample Name/equals” option.
CANANOLAB-81 - Results tab is populated when curator/admin submits batch job to create data availability matrix and disappears if curator/admin log out and login again even the job is still running.
- CANANOLAB-84 - Advanced search returns the same result if use "AND" or "OR" option with Sample criteria + Composition criteria.
- Workaround: User can perform two searches instead of using "OR" option.
CANANOLAB-85 - Back button on Curation/Review Data Pending Release to Public/Edit does not work properly. This issue can be seen by curators only.
CANANOLAB-197 - The system is unable to reset the user access control section on the submit publication form when user click on the reset button (only happens for some IE9 configurations)
CANANOLAB-238 - IE Only - System unable to display uploaded file name (IE9 only)