caNanoLab provides access to information on:
- Nanotechnology protocols in biomedicine
- Composition of nanomaterials
- Functions of nanomaterials (for example, therapeutic, targeting, diagnostic imaging)
- Physico-chemical characterizations including size, molecular weight, shape, physical state, surface chemistry, purity, solubility, and relaxivity
- In Vitro characterizations such as cytotoxicity, blood contact properties, oxidative stress, and immune cell functions
- Publications and reports from nanotechnology studies in biomedicine
caNanoLab was developed as a collaboration between the NCI Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT), the NCI Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory (NCL), and the NCI Office of Cancer Nanotechnology Research (OCNR).
Data curation is a key component for ensuring that data is appropriately annotated to facilitate data sharing in a semantically interoperable fashion. Data curation activities on caNanoLab are currently performed by the NCI Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer Data Coordinators and the NCI data curator. Data curators assist in extracting data from publications and nanotechnology experiments, annotating extracted data, and providing overall data quality control. If you are interested in submitting your data into caNanoLab, please contact Application Support.
Installation and Downloads
Note: Files for previous caNanoLab releases are available from the caNanoLab files archive.
caNanoLab 188.8.131.52 Artifacts
caNanoLab 2.3.5 Artifacts
caNanoLab 2.3.4 Artifacts
Forum and Support
- caNanoLab User Forum - Forum for recommending caNanoLab enhancements
- Application Support
- Email: NCIAppSupport@nih.gov
- Call: 240-276-5541
- Nanotechnology Working Group
Presentations, Demos and Other Materials
Note: Materials for previous caNanoLab releases are available from the caNanoLab Presentations, Demos and Other Materials archive.
Documentation and Training
To access online help in the application, click the Help button.
Note: Documents for previous caNanoLab releases are available from the caNanoLab Presentations, Demos and Other Materials Archive.
Related Tools and Terminology
Help Downloading Files
For help accessing PDF, RTF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, audio, or video files on this wiki, go to Help Downloading Files.